How Many Grafts Do You Think I Need?

danielg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, new to this site - first post!

I'm thinking of having a U-FUE hair transplant and am at the start of my journey.

Ideally would like to stay in the UK but willing to travel to Europe (within reason).

Please see attached picture. Receeding at the back of my head & small patch in the middle of head.

How many grafts do you think I need?

Due to my job, ideally would like the surgery that can be done without that much attention being brought upon me! I believe this is U-FUE.

Any help is appreciated :)
Thanks

Attachments

• hairline.jpg
    hairline.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 642

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How many donor grafts do you believe you have available long term?

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Daniel I believe so what number do you come up with as far as how much can be removed safely long term without it too becoming bald over time.

Keep in mind you have approximately 100,000 hairs on your head and once we start dividing those hairs in their individual groupings of 1,2,3,4 and maybe 5 hair grafts that number would total approximately 40,000. If the donor section represents approximately 50% of your hair then that would give us a number of approximately 20,000. How much of the 20,000 can you use in your opinion based on what you know would be ideal long term. I'm asking for a number...............what is the number? It will be four digits.

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd be careful man because it looks like it will become much more thin all over in the future. Make sure you're on the big 3.

jeffmarsh

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see your pics, I think you have required 1500-2000 hair grafts to cover your bald areas of the scalp.