How many FUE's out there looked halfway decent by 3.5 months?

roondog7984

My Regimen
Reaction score
After weighing the options in Turkey, I've now come down pretty decidedly on Feriduni, but he's booked til February. The only issue is I have a wedding at the end of May where i'm a pretty important groomsman.

What I want to know is, how many of you were able to look at least as good as you did preop by 3.5 months? I know that some people look pretty bad around 4 months, as they've not only shed the initially grafts but have also had some shock loss.

All I need is to look the same as I do now, and know approximately what chance I have? In other words, what kind of gamble would I be taking to get a transplant 3 months out.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've looked at a lot of before and after and the results are mixed.

From what I've seen, the higher the amount of grafts, the higher the chance of shock loss, which will make you look like sh*t until full regrowth starts. It also depends on method used.

I have long hair, a little past my shoulders. If I had a 2000 to 3000 graft implant with a no shave option, by 3 months I'd likely look fine as long as I styled properly. If I had short hair and was doing 4000+, I'd be wearing a hat until month 9.

If you still currently have a hairline, and are a diffuse thinner rather than slick bald, as long as your hair is at least 2 inches before the wedding you can hide shock loss with concealers. Concealers can do wonders as long as you have some hair to work with.

roondog7984

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've looked at a lot of before and after and the results are mixed.

From what I've seen, the higher the amount of grafts, the higher the chance of shock loss, which will make you look like sh*t until full regrowth starts. It also depends on method used.

I have long hair, a little past my shoulders. If I had a 2000 to 3000 graft implant with a no shave option, by 3 months I'd likely look fine as long as I styled properly. If I had short hair and was doing 4000+, I'd be wearing a hat until month 9.

If you still currently have a hairline, and are a diffuse thinner rather than slick bald, as long as your hair is at least 2 inches before the wedding you can hide shock loss with concealers. Concealers can do wonders as long as you have some hair to work with.

Thanks, I remembered the concealer option myself right after I posted. I'll have to buy some and test it out.

I'm about a Norwood 3 with pretty good density and still a hairline to speak of. I have curly/wavy hair that looks good grown out. I think I would probably be ok.

I've also seen thousands of before/afters and looks like the more fortunate guys not only don't look bad at 3 months but have already started some growth.

sonofvegeta

My Regimen
Reaction score
After weighing the options in Turkey, I've now come down pretty decidedly on Feriduni, but he's booked til February. The only issue is I have a wedding at the end of May where i'm a pretty important groomsman.

What I want to know is, how many of you were able to look at least as good as you did preop by 3.5 months? I know that some people look pretty bad around 4 months, as they've not only shed the initially grafts but have also had some shock loss.

All I need is to look the same as I do now, and know approximately what chance I have? In other words, what kind of gamble would I be taking to get a transplant 3 months out.
where is fedurini ? where are you located ?

sonofvegeta

My Regimen
Reaction score
He's in Belgium, I'm American on the east coast.

same here bro...i was this close to going to turkey but idk man something about them...i also considered this clinic in budapest but I will be going somewhere closer to us , think south of the border...the trip to europe/turkey flight times,language etc thats a factor i think should be considered.