How many FU do i need?

Reaction score
Been on Finastride for about 5 months now, it look allot better already but incase i don't regrow a full head of hair in a few months i will have a hair transplant.

My question is how many FU do i need to fill in the thinning aria??
Know it's not to bad, but i'm very vain especially about my hair.

Photo= month 1 on finasteride--month 5:pint:

1 vs 5.jpg

shookwun

Reaction score
None. I dont think any surgeon would perform on you.

Shockloss could do more harm then good seeing as their is rele nothing to repair.

Why are u on a transplant site? Are u balding?

Reaction score
None. I dont think any surgeon would perform on you.

Shockloss could do more harm then good seeing as their is rele nothing to repair.

Why are u on a transplant site? Are u balding?

I know its not much of a problem but i also would like to fill up my hairline a bit for a more youthful look.
I can afford 1500 FU. 1200 on my hairline and the 300 on top,, my only worry is i hope 300 will be enough?!?

shookwun

Reaction score
i was in a similar situation and the restoration surgeon told me what I im telling you. Their isn't realy an issue, and it could pose more risk then reward.

hairline they can fix for sure.

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't see a photo of your hairline (?) I can only comment on the top.

The bad news: 300 grafts doesn't do anything, over a large area. You won't get any significant visual benefit from that, only potential risks. If you can only afford 1500 total grafts (if money is an issue) then that's a real problem. Lots of guys get stuck needing more work, but can't afford it. You don't want to be in a position where you're stuck, only part-way done. 1200 in your hairline isn't a lot, either. Depending on your hairline, it can be a drop in the bucket (post hairline pics if you want more specific feedback).

The good news: You still have tons of hair left on top, more hair than even the world's best hair transplant can give you. You also seem to be responding to Propecia. You're doing way better than most people here, and you probably don't need a hair transplant. If your luck holds out, you never will.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think he is envisioning a hair transplant with only 300 stuck down the part line, but 300 is not enough as they would have to build in the side too. You would have to find the best hair transplant doctor and they may not do it. I think it has been done though, the best example is look up Chef Ramsey who is on TV, he had decent hair and they gave him a hair transplant that makes it stick up. I am sure it cost him at least $30,000 in US dollars. I think it is a very high end hair transplant you are asking for with chances if you pick the wrong doctor they could do far more harm and you end up with bald patches. Anyway I just had my second hair transplant and did have grafts placed within existing hair so it is possible. But you have excellent hair to begin with and are asking for perfection like Chef Ramsey got. It won't be cheap and it won't be 300 grafts (all in my opinion only obviously).

Reaction score
My hairline is not to bad always been a bit high in my mind. would just like to even it out. Have seen photos of other guys that have done 1200 and it look just perfect.
then the 300 on top is just a bonus to fill upp the tiny spot...even if it just fill up a tiny bit i would be happy! Finastride seem to be working pretty good on me so in a year it might be thicker as well.

Here is a photo of my hairline. The line is where i want it to be (My dream hairline)
attachment.php

Attachments

• Namnlöst-1.jpg
    Namnlöst-1.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 261

shookwun

Reaction score
Honestly, that's very conservative and doable. It's not overboard at all.

Will match, and compliment your face very well.

I1500-2000 for a dense pack.

be prepared to be shaved though... :moon: very few surgeons let you keep your mane.