How Long To Let Minoxidil Absorb Before Styling?

josh7000

Established Member
Reaction score
what is the optimal amount of time to leave minoxidil to absorb before dry shampooing and styling. I used to leave it on for 30 minutes in the morning before hair drying but recently learned I should leave it for 3 - 4 hours?

Adam12a

My Regimen
Reaction score
Leave it on for 4 hours minimum and use the hair dryer before you put on the Minoxidil

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This guy blow dries his hair (on low) right after minoxidil. He was visibly balding and now has thick *** hair. Maybe he’s a super responder. At the end he says something to suggest he doesn’t even have male pattern baldness. But if it still works for him it could for you eh ? minoxidil has no mode of action that specifically targets male pattern baldness anyway, just alopecia as a whole.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Foam is much easier to apply in the morning and then style. For liquid I would wait at least 30mins-1hr, for foam I would wait 15mins-30mins.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This guy blow dries his hair (on low) right after minoxidil. He was visibly balding and now has thick *** hair. Maybe he’s a super responder. At the end he says something to suggest he doesn’t even have male pattern baldness. But if it still works for him it could for you eh ? minoxidil has no mode of action that specifically targets male pattern baldness anyway, just alopecia as a whole.

I didn't watch the video but if he doesn't have male pattern baldness in the family, he might just be sensitive to stress, bad diet, treatment for illness etc. which means that it is highly possible to regrow his hair.

Last edited: