How long till side effects appear?

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm starting finasteride at the end of the month and was wondering, if I do get sides, how long will they take to appear? ie. If I feel fine after one month, does this suggest I'm in the clear and unlikely to be affected for remainder of the treatment?...or can they appear at any time without warning. Please respond based on your own experiences...thanks

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
they're likely to appear within a week or two with treatment, and chances of them occuring go down but are still there up to a year... anyone else have anything to say?

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I had sides two weeks after. They disappeared one month into treatment though.

ajclinto2

Reaction score
I had severe sides the first day, but after that it's been pretty clear sailing. I'd imagine you'd notice any side effects pretty quickly.

docj077

Reaction score
I had sides for a about a week right after I started. Libido sides, anyway.

From what I've read on these forums, the degree of any given person's side effects is directly determined by how far they're willing to let their mind wander when it comes to one imagining that they are experiencing sides.

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
I havent experienced any REAL sides at all. It did make me stronger and more muscular in the gym and increased my libido. However, I do have very slight almost unnoticeable testicle pain pain sporadically.

Christoff

Reaction score
2 months and nothing yet :)

Again, the side effect rate is very low. The reason you might hear anything is because the only ones talking about the side effects are the ones that get them. No one posts because they got no side effects. Same thing is when people have hair regrowth. They have no problems and therefore no real reason to come to this site (in most cases)

TheGlamorous

Established Member
Reaction score
2 months for me and I am as horny as ever. I doubt any side effects will occur after two months if you haven't had anything happen already.

Of course, if you fucked up your diet (ate extremely unhealthy) or got suddenly ill, then maybe side effects could be a consequence of your body being in such a state.