how long on spironolactone

dfass

Reaction score
i just started spironolactone 2 percent and thanks to this site i found that american crew to mask the smell has anyone been on spironolactone for a while besides HairLossTalk.com and seen good results also how long does it take to work.

G

You could use spironolactone forever and not notice anything - because what it mainly does is keep existing hairs from falling off.

The theory on the forum is that once you get rid of DHT from your system the follicles will become stronger and produce better hair - I doubt this :)

Dale

Reaction score
Sorry nesta, I disagree. I think that once you stop the miniaturation process, the follicle can sustain a larger hair in length and diameter. Propecia not only stops miniaturization, but also increases hair counts in the majority of men who use it, I would guess that spironolactone would do have the same effect, as it also inhibits DHT. this would probably take anywhere from 6 to 12 months, just like propecia.

Dale

Reaction score
Sorry nesta, I disagree. I think that once you stop the miniaturation process, the follicle can sustain a larger hair in length and diameter. Propecia not only stops miniaturization, but also increases hair counts in the majority of men who use it, I would guess that spironolactone would do have the same effect, as it also inhibits DHT. this would probably take anywhere from 6 to 12 months, just like propecia.