How Long Minoxidil Shedding Would Last

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hello
I'm on minoxidil for two months and a few days, and on finasteride for four month, before I got on minoxidil shedding completly stopped, the second week on minoxidil shedding started again, and now on the second month shedding is increasing .
how long you have been shedding on minoxidil and did you see regrowth while hair was shedding?

idontwannabebald

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi
I'm on minoxidil only for 5 months and had amazing results with 0 shed from the start. Month 3 started and shed started with it. Im shedding for 2 months already (around 200 hairs per day - mostly while washing hair) and it does not look like it will stop. I don't have any regrowth but on the contrary my scalp is starting to get visible. Advice on the internet is to just stick with the treatment and things will get better, shed will stop and it will become hairy again. Lets just stick with the treatments and hopefully it will stop and grow :D

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5 months and no regrowth?!
this is a very long time, are you using the liquied or the foam?

idontwannabebald

My Regimen
Reaction score
5 months and no regrowth?!
this is a very long time, are you using the liquied or the foam?
No, you didn't get me, I had really amazing results in first 3 months (full head of hair, like nobody could even tell I was losing hair in the first place, like I was 18 again :D ), but then shed started and it is still shedding for 2 months already. I'm losing all the results and there is no regrowth in last 2 months, only shed and losing more and more hair. Yes, I think shedding for 2 months is too long and I need to change something.
Im using liquid minoxidil 5% (named Alomax in my country).
I ordered dermaroller and I think I will try to get as much absorption as I can with minoxidil. If shed does not stop, I'll go on finasteride.
What's your experience with finasteride?

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, you didn't get me, I had really amazing results in first 3 months (full head of hair, like nobody could even tell I was losing hair in the first place, like I was 18 again :D ), but then shed started and it is still shedding for 2 months already. I'm losing all the results and there is no regrowth in last 2 months, only shed and losing more and more hair. Yes, I think shedding for 2 months is too long and I need to change something.
I ordered dermaroller and I think I will try to get as much absorption as I can with minoxidil. If shed does not stop, I'll go on finasteride.
Sorry I thought you said no regrowth, did you stop applying minoxidil after three months?
It's not normal to shed that fast if you are still on minoxidil.

I'm on generic finastride, now month four shedding cmpletly stopped on month four and I have seen regrowth with only finasteride I wasn't expecting that and my hair feel health even the side, I got watery semen on month three but went away, the only side I have now is less sex drive, I just don't feel like I used to be, I was thinking abut sex all the time, but every thing is normal for now, I wish you good luck with treatments.

idontwannabebald

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry I thought you said no regrowth, did you stop applying minoxidil after three months?
It's not normal to shed that fast if you are still on minoxidil.

I'm on generic finastride, now month four shedding cmpletly stopped on month four and I have seen regrowth with only finasteride I wasn't expecting that and my hair feel health even the side, I got watery semen on month three but went away, the only side I have now is less sex drive, I just don't feel like I used to be, I was thinking abut sex all the time, but every thing is normal for now, I wish you good luck with treatments.
no, i did not stop applying minoxidil.
thank you, i wish you all the best too

inmyhead

Reaction score
there is something wrong with you man. if you had Regrow after 3 months, i doubt that you should be shedding now.

ghenny

My Regimen
Reaction score
there is something wrong with you man. if you had Regrow after 3 months, i doubt that you should be shedding now.

I also had amazing results after the initial shedding from minoxidil, but just on the 6th month the shedding started all over again. I didn´t lost all the regrowth I had, actually it´s much better since I started the treatment.

Now I´m on the 10th month of the treatment, the shedding is still there but not as aggressive as before.

idontwannabebald

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought that too but there is nothing wrong with me. i have done bloodwork, visited dermatologist and everything is the same as before. my routine, diet and lifestyle in general is the same. the only thing that is not the same is that i stopped taking biotin on 1st month of the treatment, so i can say that my regrowth at the end of month 3 was only from minoxidil. it seems that it is a some kind of a long shed or it has just simply stopped working

idontwannabebald

My Regimen
Reaction score
Now I´m on the 10th month of the treatment, the shedding is still there but not as aggressive as before.
so you are shedding for 4 months already? :O
how long did it take for shedding to calm down (to become less aggressive)?
its nice that you still got your gains and that you are shedding less

ghenny

My Regimen
Reaction score
so you are shedding for 4 months already? :O
how long did it take for shedding to calm down (to become less aggressive)?
its nice that you still got your gains and that you are shedding less

Basically something around 3 months of shedding, and it calmed down after 1 month of aggressive shedding.
I do have a lot of vellus hair, which gives me hope to gain some more regrowth.