How long have they been saying "only 5 years away"?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im pretty sure Merk has spent enough money reinforcing they have the cure (finasteride) to end most research outside the really curious.

The "cure" will just eventually be gene tampering in the womb, and MAN will I feel sorry for that ONE dude whos parent were no vaccine hippies when they had him and watch him go bald in his later years.

INT

Reaction score
Stop hoping for a cure. All you can expect in best case scenario is a better understanding of male pattern baldness and treatments with better efficacy/side effect profile than our current options.

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember hearing it in the late 90s.

When I first began to notice my hair loss I went into a panic, and I remember hearing that a "cure" was coming soon. That "cure" was finasteride. Not a cure but a pretty decent treatment.

I think there will be another good treatment in the next decade..
But then again I thought that in the 2000s and 2010s.

OneDay_NW0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There will never be a cure. How the medical system works just isn't set up well for finding solutions to these kinds of problems. Since I've gotten several persistent medical conditions I've really seen how little these people can do. They can only really do a several things well. I think maybe when a problem is sestemic they get lost. If there were ever going to be a cure it would exist already. I think if anyone does find a cure it will be someone in the east.

That's just wrong. Every medical company wants to make money. If a company is able to present a product with amazing full regrowth for everybody without side effects, this company will become so f*****g rich, cause like 100 Million men will spend like 30$ a month for it for ever.

So it's just dumb to think those companies will hold bald guys bald, just because they're evil or something.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's just wrong. Every medical company wants to make money. If a company is able to present a product with amazing full regrowth for everybody without side effects, this company will become so f*****g rich, cause like 100 Million men will spend like 30$ a month for it for ever.

So it's just dumb to think those companies will hold bald guys bald, just because they're evil or something.
Conspiracy theorists are so boring

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be clear, it's not that I think that medical companies and scientists don't want to find a cure, it's that I think they can't.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Transplants have come a long way ,but they are not the same as
cures that are supposed to be 5 years away

Gotta have a realistic and mature approach to this sh*t.

In the 70's if you were bald, you were basically fucked. Now we have neat solutions. Maybe not in the eyes of super obsessive forum users but to a mentally healthy person, sure.

Last edited:

INT

Reaction score

In the 70's if you were bald, you were basically fucked. Now we have neat solutions. Maybe not in the eyes of super obsessive forum users but to a mentally healthy person, sure.

Those are not neat solutions for everyone. It does not mean that all the people for who our current treatments do not work (without side effects) are not mentally healthy.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Those are not neat solutions for everyone. It does not mean that all the people for who our current treatments do not work (without side effects) are not mentally healthy.
Sure but let's not act like hairloss forums don't have their share of problematic people now.

INT

Reaction score
Sure but let's not act like hairloss forums don't have their share of problematic people now.

The world outside of hairloss forums also have their share of problematic people.

It is hard to make generalizations regarding people on hairlosstalk forums being more or less 'problematic'. There are a few very vocal users but most people on here manage to act 'normal'. Also, on an internet forum people are anonymous so there is no reason for them to hold back since there are no social repercussions. This can also can give the impression of there being more crazies than in the outdoor world.

Aqalp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And now we have effective transplants. Humanity keeps evolving, you guys are just idiots.

When a good hair transplant doesn't cost $15,000 minimum, has no risk of complications, and can fully restore a NW4, 5, 6, 7 or whatever to NW1, that resembles a cure.

Last edited:

Pacho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dennis-laugh.gif