How long for finasteride to 'work'?

kiwiboy

Reaction score
Been taking 1mg dose of finasteride and using kirkland minoxidil twice a day and have noticed absolutely no change in my hair, started the regime at the end of August.
Should i stick with it or try something else?

T

tellersquill

Some are lucky and get regrowth after a few months, other take over a year, and then some don't get any regrowth at all.

In short, its impossible to answer your question

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
A good respondent to Finasteride may start having improvement of their hair after a couple of months into the treatment.

garyhary

Established Member
Reaction score
You can see results often after some 6-9 months or so but you should stick it out 12 months at least...

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
After 3.5 months I believe my crown is beginning to improve. Also noticing smaller hairs sprouting at my heavily receded hairline. Not positive though ...

Straight-Dope

Reaction score
Most of the studies I've seen measured results at 6 months, and 12 months

Usually there were some results by 6 months, but the results were much more dramatic by 12

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started a few weeks ago. I'm taking 1.25 mg daily.

I'm moving to a new city in September, I hope to have substantial improvement by then.

I might add some other stuff like castor oil or seti or RU. I should decide soon lol.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice, what kind of regrowth? Does it start as smaller, thin hairs and become terminal after a while?

Oh Yea?

Established Member
Reaction score
My shedding stopped within a few months but I didn't notice any significant regrowth for almost 2 years...but I use minoxidil and 2% keto with it too..but my hair or lack of was very bad off typical norwood 6..it's definitely better but regrew more of the front than the crown but it took most of the horseshoe away...crown eghh

Spagolli74

Reaction score
I started my finasteride 12 years ago, in 2004. I had a buzz cut at the time, so within a month I could tell my my balding crown was starting to fill in. At the 6 month mark, I think I reached my plateau and have stayed there ever since. My crown is a bit thin (especially when wet), but the rest of my head is full and thick.

My friend tried finasteride in 2005 after I was raving how well it worked for me. However, he was balding on the front and top of his head, not the crown like me. So unfortunately, after 6 months he didn't see any results and quit.