How Long Does Shedding Last? (still Shedding After 4 Months)

dehoha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to visit this website a lot when I was in the 20's. Now, I am a little older, in the early 30's.
My hair has thinned and scalp has become more visible as I have aged.
Rogaine gave me good results in the past, so I decided to use it again.
However, this time, I am getting shedding even at 4 months, which is not what I typically experienced with Rogaine.
I have used both foam and liquid in the past and this never has occurred.
I am seeing some vellus hairs coming out, but I am losing ground much faster than the gain.
In addition, my hair is so sensitive to what I eat that even a small amount of "wrong food" gives me massive shedding.
What in the world is going on? Can shedding occur for this long?
I thought shedding usually stops within 3 months, and I am very befuddled. I would appreciate your response.

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This 'shedding' isn't caused by minoxidil. It's that minoxidil has failed to stop your hair loss and you are shedding as you'd normally do or slightly less. Also diet doesn't really matter in androgenetic alopecia, this is a placebo effect.

Consider finasteride and microneedling if you're not doing these already.

eightbald

My Regimen
Reaction score
This 'shedding' isn't caused by minoxidil. It's that minoxidil has failed to stop your hair loss and you are shedding as you'd normally do or slightly less. Also diet doesn't really matter in androgenetic alopecia, this is a placebo effect.

Consider finasteride and microneedling if you're not doing these already.

Want to explain what you mean by minoxidil has failed to stop hairloss?