How long does oral minoxidil shedding take?

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy sh*t— my hair looks so terrible. I’m a month and a half into oral min— and I’m more diffuse thin then ever. When will recovery start?

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
that shed happened after switching to oral? or did you never try topical min?

jazz1

Reaction score
You using DHT blocker?

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
still dont have one...
my last dose of topical min was about 6 weeks ago... now im on oral min for a month (like 20 days on 2,5g a day and now 5g a day)... also went dutasteride every day at the same time...

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
What’s your oral min dosage? The switch from topical to oral could have exasperated it.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
well, or just takes a little longer, when i started finasteride/min, it took nearly a year until i saw real results...

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
im more concerned with the hair that liquid minoxidil saved falling out after starting oral...
somehow doesnt make sense to me, because minoxidil is minoxidil and also dutasteride can replace finasteride without loosing hair, but still...

im about a month in now and still no shedding btw (never had a shed anyway, or none that i noticed/care about)...

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
im more concerned with the hair that liquid minoxidil saved falling out after starting oral...
somehow doesnt make sense to me, because minoxidil is minoxidil and also dutasteride can replace finasteride without loosing hair, but still...

im about a month in now and still no shedding btw (never had a shed anyway, or none that i noticed/care about)...
Mine just won’t stop. The density loss is v scary