How Long Does It Take To Go Completely Bald?

Mucky Blonde

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all

First post, so apologies for the clumsy thread title. I was just wondering if anyone is in a similar position to me? I don't know the terminology that so many posters expertly use on these forums so I'll put this in layman's terms. I can't tell you where I am on the Norwood scale, all I can say is that my hairline isn't what it used to be, and the hair is slightly thinner/finer than it was about ten years ago. I don't have any balding at the crown and no receding at the temples. I use Alpecin but not regimentally and will still use other bog standard thickening shampoos like L'Oreal, Pantene etc - not used Alpecin this year. I don't put any products on my hair or take medication.

Anyway, I said to my mate that I reckon I must be one of the slowest balding men in the world as I am sure my hairline started to deteriorate in late 2003 and has got very slowly worse since then. My mate says that's not possible and that if you started receding sixteen years ago you would be totally bald by now.

Is it possible to be balding for so long without being bald??! Anyone else experiencing a similar progression?

Last edited:

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah it's f*****g possible. That's what happened to me. 2003 as well, age 20.

Mucky Blonde

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm five years older than you. I'm just hoping I can maintain what I have for another eight to ten years and I think I would be happy to be at this level going into my fifties.

My immediate term concern is greying at the temples and if to do anything about it, but I don't think that's appropriate for this forum.