How Long does it take for Propecia to leave your system?

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about the half life of propecia/proscar?

cause I notice I only took it for a week and I have been off it for 3 and half months and my sperm is still weak not as much as there used to be.

cal

Established Member
Reaction score
Ouch! That's harsh for only one week of usage. (How old are you?)

I've heard of recovery times like that before, but never from only a single week of finasteride usage that I can recall.

It's not as important how long the stuff is in your system as much as how long it takes you hormones to return themselves to fully normal afterwards. Two different issues.

Pondle

Reaction score
TonyTheTiger said:
I was wondering about the half life of propecia/proscar?

cause I notice I only took it for a week and I have been off it for 3 and half months and my sperm is still weak not as much as there used to be.

Half-life: 5-6 hours. Discontinuation of therapy should result in a return of DHT levels to pretreatment levels in approximately 2 weeks.

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
cal said:
Ouch! That's harsh for only one week of usage. (How old are you?)

I've heard of recovery times like that before, but never from only a single week of finasteride usage that I can recall.

It's not as important how long the stuff is in your system as much as how long it takes you hormones to return themselves to fully normal afterwards. Two different issues.

damn

this is strange cause when I first took it it was 12 days I just checked my calender, and then I decided to stop cause when sperm came out I noticed only like 3 or 4 drops would drip out, now its pretty much the same it doesnt shoot out anymore and its already been 4 months not 3 and a half! just checked my old calender when I started and when I stopped.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
fin5bfx1.jpg

The above graph is from the Gisleskog et al pair of studies on finasteride and dutasteride which I've quoted from many times on hairloss forums.

Keep in mind that the scale used is a logarithmic one, so you can see that over a 24-hour period, average blood levels of the drug drop by more than an order of magnitude.

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
fin5bfx1.jpg

The above graph is from the Gisleskog et al pair of studies on finasteride and dutasteride which I've quoted from many times on hairloss forums.

Keep in mind that the scale used is a logarithmic one, so you can see that over a 24-hour period, average blood levels of the drug drop by more than an order of magnitude.
but how come mew said he had irreversible effects?

bubka

Reaction score
Tony, I am not trying to be a smart *** with you, but you have to be the most credulous person I have seen on this forum in a long time.

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
bubka said:
Tony, I am not trying to be a smart *** with you, but you have to be the most credulous person I have seen on this forum in a long time.
not sure if I am credulous, but MEW has kept replying to me and others with his evidence? he said he has irreversible sides and not to take it.

but then some other members here pm me and told me he is just bitter because finasteride didn't work for him and he just wants others to lose there hair too because if he cannot have his hair others shouldn't.

I don't know who to believe.

Pondle

Reaction score
TonyTheTiger said:
bubka said:
not sure if I am credulous, but MEW has kept replying to me and others with his evidence? he said he has irreversible sides and not to take it.

but then some other members here pm me and told me he is just bitter because finasteride didn't work for him and he just wants others to lose there hair too because if he cannot have his hair others shouldn't.

Well there are apparently no published case studies that refer to permanent sides, so if you just trust people who post on the internet...

bubka

Reaction score
TonyTheTiger said:
bubka said:

why don't you believe the scientific quantitative data that tells you the side effects are less than 2%, instead of some internet jackass who's own arguments contradict each other...

RaginDemon

Reaction score
TonyTheTiger said:
Bryan said:
fin5bfx1.jpg

but how come mew said he had irreversible effects?

Mew has blamed all his misfortunes on finasteride anyways, didn't you know that?

Listen to guys like Bryan and Michael Berry, they won't lead you wrong.

Finasteride won't turn you into a woman, or make you gay, guys like Mew probabily will. :)