HOW LONG DO YOU HAVE TO WAIT?

crownthinner

Reaction score
I have been on Propecia for four months and minoxidil for 2 1/2 months.
So far I am sorry to report that my condition has gotten worse. I can now actually see the pattern of how I am going to go bald. Pretty scary. I wanted a general consenceus on how long it took other people to see benifts from both these drugs. I am thinking of getting of the minoxidil. Do I still have hope since my condition has only got worse since I have been on these drugs. I also wanted to state that my poor condition is not do to heavy sheeding from the minoxidil or propecia. I had a sheed from the minoxidil the first 3 weeks and then it stopped. I was expecting to see good results due to this. What happened? Just to let others know I never shed from the propecia. I still shed a lot, but not like the sheeding that occurred the first 3 weeks on minoxidil. I heard tons of stories about people that go on propecia and the stop sheeding their hair. Ever since I noticed thinning I also noticed a constant sheed. Do you have to stop sheeding heavy to prevent your hair loss. Any personal experiences would be great.

Hairless Potter

Established Member
Reaction score
Minus the minoxidil, I'm basically in the same boat as you. It's depressing as hell. I think though, it's one of those things that is going to improve slowly over a long period of time. The good news for us is that we have already started treatments, now its just a matter of waiting for them to kick in for us. Like you, I have lost a lot of coverage, thinning/shedding like crazy. Hang in there dude!

Axon

Reaction score
We talking Louis Prima and BombScience worse or Gunner worse?

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It will take 3 months for the shed hair to start growing back. It will take as long as a year to see positive things from finasteride. I know its hard when it weighs so heavily on your mind, but patience is the key.

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
You know whats funny is that you would assume in today's technolegy they would have found a real solution for hair loss.. Oh well!

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Todays technology isnt as advanced as you might think,. we still dont even really understand the mechanisims of male pattern baldness,. just the players like DHT.

That aside, there are 'real solutions',. the drugs do work, even if not absolutly. Current transplants look natural, if not thick, and transplant technology continues to move forward. Toupees can look almost natural. And hats hide all! Hows that for solutions?

Now if youre looking for a cure, dont hold your breath. Thats just not going to happen for us.

Hairless Potter

Established Member
Reaction score
flux said:
It will take 3 months for the shed hair to start growing back. It will take as long as a year to see positive things from finasteride. I know its hard when it weighs so heavily on your mind, but patience is the key.

Thanks flux, this is helpful :) Is this from personal success on finasteride?