How long do sheds last?

JustBreathe

Established Member
Reaction score
My increased loss has been going strong for 2 1/2 Mnths now.
Just wondering is there a ball park duration that sheds conform too?

Trying to figure out if this is a shed or if it's something more worrying like reflex hyperandrogenicity or Telogen Effluvium, although chances are it's just my male pattern baldness winning the fight.

Oh i'm at Mnth 17 of treatment with finasteride/nizoral.

Cheers.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure I my shedding has actually calmed down or not since it has only been better for a week or so, but I shed like mad for 3+ months.

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
When you say "shed like mad", or when you guys are referring to sheds, how many hairs would you say you're losing? For instance, in the shower? On your pillow in the morning?

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
From months 9.5 to now (month 12) i've been shedding like mad. Every morning there's a good 40-60 hairs on my pillow most that are thin, lack color and have the white bulb on the end.

I have about 1 month left of my proscar, if things don't slow down i think i might jump ship and go to dutasteride.

JustBreathe

Established Member
Reaction score
Well this "shed' I am reffering to consists of finding about 25-35 hairs on my pillow in the morning, and when running my hand through my hair it's about 4-5 hairs every single time. In the shower I dont even count/look because I find it a bit depressing. Also hair all over keyboard..etc etc. It's also falling from the back/sides...which shouldn't really surprise me cos i'm going to thin there as well if i take my fathers norwood as a balding model.

My hair is on a mass exodus...

Is it time to whip out the dutasteride. ? I'm not so sure....but....fweh.

JustBreathe

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh also, if this makes any difference, the hairs im shedding for the most part are of the long (seemingly) healthy variety, also notcing a few smaller/thinner/weaker ones.