How long did you guys shed on finasteride Tell your story

Dyl9720

Reaction score
Im on finasteride 2 weeks now,i think im shedding as a hell of a lot more hair is falling out,will update when my shedding stops.

ThatHairStruggle

Established Member
Reaction score
I've stopped and started finasteride a few times. Sometimes the shedding lasts months. You know when it stops because you'll start seeing no hair in your hands when you wash your hair. Before I started finasteride I always had tons of hair in my hands after washing my hair. Like maybe 25-50 hairs. It's scary.

Janekoman12

Established Member
Reaction score
Ye uppdate pls gl mate

- - - Updated - - -

Some shed more Or less on finasteride wonder why, mambye cus they hair is not going into Velus mode as much as others ? What do you think, common guys put your story so people know what's coming to them so they know what normal shed is

g.i joey

Reaction score
I've stopped and started finasteride a few times. Sometimes the shedding lasts months. You know when it stops because you'll start seeing no hair in your hands when you wash your hair. Before I started finasteride I always had tons of hair in my hands after washing my hair. Like maybe 25-50 hairs. It's scary.

im in the same boat, consistent with finasteride for 1-4 months then become very inconsistent... were you able to keep your hair above or at baseline?

ThatHairStruggle

Established Member
Reaction score
It's at baseline now, but I lost some ground when I stopped doing minoxidil even though I was still taking finasteride. Now I take dutasteride and do minoxidil 2 ml every night and it just stopped shedding last month and now I think it's thickening (knock on wood). Been doing this **** for 2 years now and haven't gotten any good progress because I can't stick to my treatments but I'm determined to stick with it this time.

Myth

Reaction score
3 1/2 months here, shedding is slowing down. I switched to Regenepure DR, and I think that made things worse. Went from 7-20 hairs, to back to my original 20-50. Going back to Nizoral a couple weeks ago, I'm back to the 7-20. Don't know if this is a shedding period or not, but I am hoping that it is.

jimmypage

Reaction score
So, now I just ended 4th month and shedding is definitely slowing down, BUT no regrowth at all and thinner hair than at the begining. Lets see in 2 more month if I see any maintenance (or maybe regrowth with luck).

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
My hairloss isn't that aggressive, I'm 26. Basically when I started finasteride my shedding started declining, for last 2 months 5, 6 I barely shed

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
First shed was two months after starting finasteride, it lasted about one month. Now, 7-8 months in, I'm having another shed, but this time it's smaller. My hair from the first shed hasn't grown back yet.

SparzhaHLT

Reaction score
So there are a lot of guys who have experienced excessive shedding after starting finasteride (me too). Is there anyone who has overcome this period and has grown his hair back? Is it sync like with minoxidil or is it a bad sign?

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
First shed started at 1 month, was over by month 3. I've had many more sheds since then, always seems to bounce back. I shed a lot anyway, even when gaining ground. One of my worst sheds was 18 months after starting finasteride and minoxidil.

MicroDoser

Reaction score
I really dont know libido is the same itch comes and goes how about you

I'd say that we have the same deal. I itch if I haven't washed my hair in a day and a half or so, or when my hair gets greasy, but that's normal. It usually goes away after I wash my hair. It seems like you've maintained, so that's good. I've lost a bit of density on top, but I'm only 4 months in, and my sheds are that of a normal person's so I'm not too concerned.

Janekoman12

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd say that we have the same deal. I itch if I haven't washed my hair in a day and a half or so, or when my hair gets greasy, but that's normal. It usually goes away after I wash my hair. It seems like you've maintained, so that's good. I've lost a bit of density on top, but I'm only 4 months in, and my sheds are that of a normal person's so I'm not too concerned.
Ye looks like we are in same boat, i am keeping eye on My vertex hard to tell if thinner or not but i really dont know if anything has happend still shedding doh