How long can you Keep Results from Minoxidil?

stjimmy

Established Member
Reaction score
just wondering how long some people have managed to keep there results from minoxidil

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Yes about 6 months if you stop it. If you are talking about continuos regrowth while on it. I got 2 years of increasing results (liquid) and then tapering down a bit (slight loss) and maintenance up to date. I have been on Generic minoxidil now for almost 5 years and am way ahead of the game because I use it.

Petchsky

Reaction score
PropeciaJunkie said:
Yes about 6 months if you stop it. If you are talking about continuos regrowth while on it. I got 2 years of increasing results (liquid) and then tapering down a bit (slight loss) and maintenance up to date. I have been on Generic minoxidil now for almost 5 years and am way ahead of the game because I use it.

I'm the same, been using it for near 7 years and not really noticed much loss, if any, maybe some weak hair that never went terminal. I feel that i was a good responder to minoxidil and maybe this is silly, but if i've not put it on for over two days my scalp feels like it needs it, and then when i apply it my scalp just soakes it up with hardly any drip.

Maybe an alcoholic scalp :jump: or maybe i'm just losing my grip on reality

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
How long can one take "minoxidil break"? I guess one and two day wouldn't hurt, but can one take a 1week break and not get a huge shed?

tooyoung22

Reaction score
thanks for the info guys. i am only 22 and just ordered nizoral 2% and am really thinking about getting some foam to go along with it. i'm hoping to get good results like you guys and some of the others on this board

i know people will tell me to get on the big 3, but to be honest with you my hair isn't terrible and I just can't see risking those side effects from propecia right now

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
I have taken a week off many times with no problem. You are over estimating the immediate impact of minoxidil.

Thanks Cassin, thats nice to know. It's just all those unhappy minoxidil users that gives me a bad impression about minoxidil. I was actually thinking that a weekend or 4 days without minoxidil would cause massive shedding, so thanks for your experience.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
stjimmy said:
just wondering how long some people have managed to keep there results from minoxidil

Your problem is that you don't realize how ambiguous that question is. It can be taken to mean at least TWO different things! :smack:

1) How long have some people managed to have more hair (using minoxidil) than they had when they first started using it?

2) How long have people continued to have more hair while using minoxidil than if they had never used it at all?

Do you see the difference between those two questions? Which one did you mean to ask?

icdalite

Established Member
Reaction score
6 weeks since I quit minoxidil due to sides. Was on it for a year. First 4 weeks were good not much of shedding (in fact it stopped almost entirely)

Last 2-2.5 weeks a major shed. But I have my hair buzzed to level 2.

A week after i stopped minoxidil I started Tricomin (copper peptides). Dunno if I can attribute the latest shed to it or cause I stopped minoxidil.

Any way if tricomin can help me maintain allong with finasteride then I'll be very happy.

Will keep yuz posted.

Petchsky

Reaction score
PropeciaJunkie said:
HAHA!! I agree Petch, if I forget to use it a day or two my scalp begs for it! I thought it was just me.

So, i'm not alone, good to know :)

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tooyoung22 said:
thanks for the info guys. i am only 22 and just ordered nizoral 2% and am really thinking about getting some foam to go along with it. i'm hoping to get good results like you guys and some of the others on this board

i know people will tell me to get on the big 3, but to be honest with you my hair isn't terrible and I just can't see risking those side effects from propecia right now

Please don;t let Mew and his boys scare you. They cry the loudest that's why there seem to be so many. The vast majority of users don't get sides and the ones who do see them go away when they stop taking it

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
HT55 said:
tooyoung22 said:

Please don;t let Mew and his boys scare you. They cry the loudest that's why there seem to be so many. The vast majority of users don't get sides and the ones who do see them go away when they stop taking it

Lucky you, does numb penis and testicular pain considered like sides?

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
kento said:

First of all speak English.

Numb Penis ? I'm sorry I have to laugh as that's a new one.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
HT55 said:
kento said:

Sorry for my English, the first side that i got from propecia was testicular pain then my penis got numb effect

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
kento said:
HT55 said:
kento said:

Sorry for my English, the first side that i got from propecia was testicular pain then my penis got numb effect

it does happend to some people, but usualy goes away after a week or 2.
If not u should prob stop.. depending on how despret u are 2 keep youre hair :mrgreen:
And sides go away after u stop.. or after some weeks using finasteride.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Mate i was on finasteride 2 months, got the testicular pain after my second week. I've read that some people got sides at the begin but they go away. Well the testicular pain didn't go :( but i got the side with the penis stuff. I'm maybe 3 weeks i'm off the finasteride and no more pain, seems that i'm getting back to normal.