How long can hair systems be stored?

rme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought a new hair system. How long can hair systems be stored? and how?
Thank you.

J_D_R

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought a new hair system. How long can hair systems be stored? and how?
Thank you.

Keep it in a sealed plastic bag away from heat and light and it'll be fine for years.

Noah

Reaction score
Agreed. The only thing that I have noticed that deteriorates is the thinskin tape rim that some guys order. That does dry out and crack, but it takes 18 -24 months for that to happen. All lace units seem to last indefinitely.

I would use the plastic head shape, if you still have it, to avoid the possibility of the base stretching, but if you have thrown it away I wouldn't worry too much.

hair4meTomorrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How would not using the plastic cause head the base to stretch?

I've found my poly rims to be good so far even on my first unit. Though from my second supplier it feels very different, and thinner

Noah

Reaction score
Some people's systems are virtually flat when they are off, but others' are more concave, depending on their head shape. If you have a concave system and you squash it flat, you may be stretching the outer rim (presumably that is why they transport hair systems on those plastic shapes). Stretching the base is a bad idea, because it will cause wrinkles in your system when you come to apply it.

I agree, I haven't noticed any deterioration on poly rims. I was talking about a thinskin rim on a lace base.

rme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep it in a sealed plastic bag away from heat and light and it'll be fine for years.
Thank you.
Soo....Can it stored for 2 years in unopened packaging? (New original lace system)

abhi12

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair systems can last anything from 3 months to 6 months depending on proper care. We recommend having a hair system refusion session every 3-4 weeks to make sure that the hair and your scalp is kept in the best condition

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair systems can last anything from 3 months to 6 months depending on proper care. We recommend having a hair system refusion session every 3-4 weeks to make sure that the hair and your scalp is kept in the best condition
What is a "hair system refusion?"