How Long Before finasteride Slowed Your Shedding?

Snipits

My Regimen
Reaction score
It was hard for me to find an answer to this for some reason. I guess maybe I'm confused as to weather "results" mean stop the shedding that male pattern baldness causes or seeing actual regrowth. Basically I got on finasteride to hopefully stop my thinning, and stop the crazy numbers of hairs that I shed, I don't realistically expect to see regrowth. But, I'm wondering at what point can I expect that finasteride will slow my shedding?

Maybe there could be a poll, when did finasteride stop/slow YOUR male pattern baldness shedding??

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It never slowed my shedding, I always go through periodic sheds. To be honest i have more months where I shed compared to those I don't. The only reason I don't stress to much about it is that my hair is better now at 22 than when I first started at 19 years old.

Snipits

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really? Ive been shedding like crazy though. Been the same since before I stared finasteride though. But my hands are covered, I mean covereddd after shampoo, easily a couple hundred. Plus loads throughout the day too. I don't feel it's normal, and was hoping finasteride would slow it down at some point and show some proof that it's working

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know the feeling, when I brush my hair in the sink during bad months I can easily count 200+ hairs. Even me who has had somewhat success with treaments can't help but think at times they are doing nothing. But the evidence is in results and if in 2 years time your hair is no worse than when you started treatments then you can call it a success. It's different from person to person but try to stick it out.

Goodluck mate!

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really? Ive been shedding like crazy though. Been the same since before I stared finasteride though. But my hands are covered, I mean covereddd after shampoo, easily a couple hundred. Plus loads throughout the day too. I don't feel it's normal, and was hoping finasteride would slow it down at some point and show some proof that it's working
I got used to it after a while, when I realized that my hair had thickened up even though the shedding never slowed down. Would prefer a slowdown of the shedding nevertheless.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ther's no rules for this and you shouldn't set your expectations by other peoples experiences. Everyone has sheds at different times.
For example I had a big shed when I first started taking finasteride but by about month 6 I had great results with even a bit of noticeable regrowth. I then had an even bigger shed that seemed to go on for ages around month 10. The important thing is that sheds are a normal part of the treatment and often your hair will grow back even thicker after a shed.