How long are you letting bond dry for before placing system down?

Logann

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have experimented with Walker Tape Ultra Hold and Davlyn Green. I don't really think one is better than the other. However, when visiting the salon I use to go to, the system was placed only a couple of minutes after the bond was placed on my head and the system. Some wait 10-15 minutes before placing the system down. What has worked for you and what gives a better/longer hold?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
4 mins like the instructions on the label of Ghostbond Platinum bottle say, but I'm gonna start experimenting with less, because I just hate waiting.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It can depend on your environment. A cool dry room will allow the glue to dry faster, whereas a warm or humid room will take longer and can leave the bond weaker.

Personally I don't have a set time. I probably on average wait anywhere from 3 to 7 minutes.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
It can depend on your environment. A cool dry room will allow the glue to dry faster, whereas a warm or humid room will take longer and can leave the bond weaker.

Personally I don't have a set time. I probably on average wait anywhere from 3 to 7 minutes.

I always use a hair dryer on my clients to speed things up a bit.

Logann

My Regimen
Reaction score
I always use a hair dryer on my clients to speed things up a bit.
A hair dryer definitely helps. I have been waiting 10 minutes or so the past couple of attachments and it seems like it has better hold when I only wait a couple of minutes and use the hair dryer. Guess I will try that again next time and log it down.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Maybe they've added some extra time to the instructions just to be foolproof, so maybe 3 min is okay as well instead 4. When doing touchups, im so lazy now that I dont use a timer anymore, but just wait some random time and attach. Sometimes it's longer than 4 min, sometimes I guess less. No problems yet. Ghostbond Platinum. There are other Ghostbonds and white glues that say "attach right after it has turned clear" which is basically right after applying, but they suck: weak, no attachment, lasts just a day (Transdermal, somekind of Walker's strongest white glue). Ghostbond Platinum holds forever.

Logann

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have had good results with Ghost Bond Platinum as well and use it more in the winter. I go to the gym a lot so I’m always fearful of the bond turning white. Ghost Bond Platnium has given me the strongest hold. Do you wear poly or lace?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I have had good results with Ghost Bond Platinum as well and use it more in the winter. I go to the gym a lot so I’m always fearful of the bond turning white. Ghost Bond Platnium has given me the strongest hold. Do you wear poly or lace?
Lace

sawun

My Regimen
Reaction score
guys who are using lace... how exactly do you clean? how much does it take? i am thinking to switch from tape to glue.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
guys who are using lace... how exactly do you clean? how much does it take? i am thinking to switch from tape to glue.
By soaking in some oily solvent. No alcohol for me though, because it evaporates too much and isn't strong enough. Then wiping with microfibre cotton pads and washing with dish washing liquid and soap.