How long after hair transplant should I wait to smoke pot?

baldsucks

Reaction score
I had 3,200 grafts 3 weeks ago and I haven't toked out since 1 week before my hair transplant. I have been reading a few medical journal articles and they mention that smoking pot should be stopped for 1 month after any surgery so that it doesn't affect the healing process and cause complications. But, they don't mention if this would apply to a hair transplant surgery or not. I don't really want to ask my Dr. : " Hey , Dr. is it o.k. for me to get stoned now". :whistle:

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
baldsucks said:
I had 3,200 grafts 3 weeks ago and I haven't toked out since 1 week before my hair transplant. I have been reading a few medical journal articles and they mention that smoking pot should be stopped for 1 month after any surgery so that it doesn't affect the healing process and cause complications. But, they don't mention if this would apply to a hair transplant surgery or not. I don't really want to ask my Dr. : " Hey , Dr. is it o.k. for me to get stoned now". :whistle:

hahahahhahaha.... :lol:
This post gave me a good laugh.

G

now thats a dilemma, i think its a crock of sh*t cuz when i got my wisdom teeth pulled i smoke the next day with bloody cavities and all and didnt get infected.. I dont know how it could effect a hair transplant since your hair grows on ur head, not in your lungs

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
heh, hit the bong and find out :lol:

ShatnersRug

Reaction score
You should not smoke that crap for a few more weeks because if you do, you may get arrested for possession, then you'll have to spend a night in jail, and Paco will grab your hair while he does unspeakable things to you, ripping out all your transplants.

baldsucks

Reaction score
Thanks for info

Thank you guys for feedback. I suffer from chronic back pain from a herniated disc that happened at work several years ago and I have a pot prescription to aleviate pain. I guess I'll ask my Dr. after all to be sure. I'll ask a Dr. online first though. I just thought I shouldn't share this with my Dr. Should some problems arise such as graft failure before they take root, etc.... , he could possibly say that I caused it from smoking weed that had fertilizer or something in it. Mostly, the weed I get is pretty high quality, but you never know if it's been treated with bug spray, fertilizers, etc ... :roll: or not.

G

if its prescription pot i hope its not treated with pesticides and sh*t... i would think it be grown indoors under controlled conditions

macdruid

Established Member
Reaction score
bartman654 said:
if its prescription pot i hope its not treated with pesticides and sh*t... i would think it be grown indoors under controlled conditions

I can't see it making any difference... the food you eat every day has been treated with pesticides and fertilizers/hormones.

G

yeh buts its grown outside (most of the produce we eat), infields where bugs can get at them, therefore they use pesticides to keep bugs off.. I'm sure that medical marijuana is grown indoors in controlled conditions away from bugs, that would be the difference. why would the govt put insecticides on somethings they know a patient is going to smoke... think macdruid

macdruid

Established Member
Reaction score
bartman654 said:
yeh buts its grown outside, infields where bugs can get at them, therefore they use pesticides to keep bugs off.. I'm guessing that medical marijuana is grown indoors in controlled conditions away from bugs, that would be the difference

...and I'm guessing it's still treated with something, een if it's just chemical fertilizer. Unless they advertise it as "Organic Marijuana" by the FDA. :lol:

G

you are such an idiot, the govt would not "enhance" the growth of medical grade marijuana, they do not need to, all you need to due is crossbreed to get excellent grade marijuana w/out chemical enhancement. It is not how big the plant gets (this would be caused by chemical enhancement) but the thc content. Chemical inducing growth in pot plants lowers natural thc count, making the pot less potent and effective. so why would they do it.

macdruid

Established Member
Reaction score
bartman654 said:
you are such an idiot, the govt would not "enhance" the growth of medical grade marijuana, they do not need to, all you need to due is crossbreed to get excellent grade marijuana w/out chemical enhancement. It is not how big the plant gets (this would be caused by chemical enhancement) but the thc content. Chemical inducing growth in pot plants lowers natural thc count, making the pot less potent and effective. so why would they do it.

It's funny... first you said you weren't going to reply and now you've edited your response at least 3 times.

You really do have rose colored glasses. What you say could be applied to virtually any type of crop grown... but that is not what happens 95% of the time.

G

yeh, i really cant stand it when people who obviously knnow nothing about what they are talking about act like they know whats up, had to respond to that :) it was edited once, is that a crime? im a big boy i can change my mind

macdruid

Established Member
Reaction score
bartman654 said:
yeh, i really cant stand it when people who obviously knnow nothing about what they are talking about act like they know whats up, had to respond to that :) it was edited once, is that a crime? im a big boy i can change my mind

Okay, I'm listening... point me to your sources. All I'm getting from you is "I hope...", "I think..."

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
baldsucks said:

well it's still surgery so I guess the smartest thing to do would be to quit for a month.
Then as a bonus when you go back to smokin, your tolerance to it will be half of what it was.
Or better yet quit completely

G

believe me in my younger years i did enough research on growing marijuana to know what im talkin about. just go to any search engines and look for marijuana growing guides. Everything in my above posts will be found in any in depth quality online guide (the stuff on growth stimulant effecting thc content).

macdruid

Established Member
Reaction score
bartman654 said:
believe me in my younger years i did enough research on growing marijuana to know what im talkin about. just go to any search engines and look for marijuana growing guides. Everything in my above posts will be found in any in depth quality online guide (the stuff on growth stimulant effecting thc content).

So, in actuality, you have no facts or official sources to back up what the "government" does with medicinally grown marijuana...?

Thanks! :wave:

btw, what do you mean, by younger years... if I might ask? How old are you now?

macdruid

Established Member
Reaction score
bartman654 said:
old enought to realise that arguining on the internet is gay.

Riiiiight. Which is why your have resorted to name calling and arguing instead of backing up your baseless claims.

You're making baseless comments that may incorrectly influence the original poster to make the wrong decision.