How Long After Fue Op Can I Shave My Head?

CamBam

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thinking of going to Dr.Acar (Cosmetica Clinic, turkey), to do an FUE. Approx 4000 grafts.

However the most important thing for me is that nobody at my job notices I have had any work done. For me this is critical.

I currently shave my head. My question is, from experience, how many weeks after the OP can I shave my head? I would to shave it for a year after the OP so as to wait for full re-growth. I do not need to have hair visible for now.

If any of you are familiar with football (soccer), this is a strategy that David Silva used to disguise his FUE op. He had a lot of hair, then had the op and shaved his head for a year.

jumpfrog

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you talking about buzzing it to say a 1 guard or literally wet shaving it?
I'm not sure about wet shaving it but doctors seem to vary in their instructions. I heard that Erdogan says wait 6 months before buzzing it in his instructions.
But my post op instructions say you can go to the barber at 14 days.
I had 3500 fue 18 months ago and kept it buzzed to a 3 guard for the first few months until growth kicked in. If I remember, I went to the barber at the two week mark post op. Mind you, my scalp was so incredibly sensitive at that time I had to keep berating the barber to go soft. You know what they are like with clippers sometimes, they are too rough.

CamBam

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Jumpfrog

Im referring to shaving it with a razor, so down to the skin, no clippers.

Going by what you have written this could be months. For me I would want to be able to shave as early as possible to disguise any visible op marks. For me the most important element is to not have others realize ive had any surgery done