How Likely Is It That Circulatory Issues Cause Hair Loss?

Joe1191

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently found out that I do indeed have circulatory issues, but I'm not sure the likelihood of it contributing to hairloss.

My hair loss is best described as lowering hair count with shedding. I haven't noticed any thinner hairs except maybe at my hairline, but I have little or no recession. It is also very diffuse and a bit patchy mainly on the sides from what I can tell as my hair on top is kept longer. I'll upload pics at a later time

Can circulatory issues cause noticeable hairloss? If it makes a difference in have Raynaud's syndrome to an extent.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know anecdotal evidence is not enough, but I do know people with circulatory problems who have all of their hair.

male pattern baldness is - apparently - mainly about your follicles' receptivity to DHT. Circulatory problems might be the trigger to male pattern baldness, but probably not the cause.

shookwun

Reaction score
Everyone wants to believe it's everything then the obvious. Sorry to break it to you, but it's most likely hereditary based, and some form of androgenic alopecia

kveezy33

Reaction score
Everyone wants to believe it's everything then the obvious. Sorry to break it to you, but it's most likely hereditary based, and some form of androgenic alopecia

You're being dishonest because there is no science out that that states it's "obvious".

shookwun

Reaction score
You're being dishonest because there is no science out that that states it's "obvious".
Perhaps, but thee various forms of Androgenetic Alopecia.

What you describe is commonly known as a form of diffuse alopecia where the entire scalp gradually takes on thinner hair characteristics. A mixture of dupa can also be the case.

Traditional male pattern baldness isn'tways the hall mark towards having baldness.

I happen to have a case of male pattern baldness, retrograde alopecia and diffuse.

kveezy33

Reaction score
The subcutaneous blood flow (SBF) was measured by the 133Xe washout method in the scalp of 14 patients with early male pattern baldness. Control experiments were performed in 14 normal haired men matched for age. The SBF in the scalp of the normal individuals was about 10 times higher than previously reported SBF values in other anatomical regions. In patients with early male pattern baldness, SBF was 2.6 times lower than the values found in the normal individuals (13.7 +/- 9.6 vs 35.7 +/- 10.5 ml/100 g/min-1). This difference was statistically significant (p much less than 0.001). A reduced nutritive blood flow to the hair follicles might be a significant event in the pathogenesis of early male pattern baldness.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2715645

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ive always felt the key to hairloss has something to do with this. The balding horse-shoe shape is too distinct for their not to be some kind of distinct difference in physiology between the two areas of scalp.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Anything is possible honestly with how little anyone knows especially. Androgens are undeniable at this point they are a huge huge factor when castration obviously prevent male pattern baldness from ever happening. I think ultimately someday male pattern baldness will found to be an immune system disorder of some kind. Down stream of androgens of course.
Castration lowers T a ton and DHT a lot. Some men lose hair even on dutasteride which still makes me think T plays a role in male pattern baldness even though others call me dumb to even saying that