How Is It Possible To Continue Balding On Dutasteride? 3 Propositions.

Abomination

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride basically inhibits DHT to near 0 levels as seen in bloodworks. The theories being contemplated that I've heard for your hair to still continue falling:

1) "The raise in T makes you continue balding".
It may be true that some men are sensitive to T, but DHT is like 7x stronger than T, therefore the net result after lowering your DHT to near 0 is a less dangerous environment androgens wise for your follicles. Therefore the result should always, always be that your hair either stops falling or slows down in it's falling rate. Yet some people report continued or even accelerated balding after 1 year of treatment. How?

In any case, to lower test, we only have drugs which block the androgen receptors. And I have heard the theory of how if you block receptors chronically, low end your body is going to raise the sensitivity, thus speeding up baldness eventually in this case. So I think CB, RU, spironolactone and other treatments are not fit to use for life. I would like more studies on this but it makes sense to me. Inhibiting the enzyme is not the same as the androgen receptor itself, which some people seem to think it's awesome, but like i said I claim that it may backfire long term. So basically what im saying is that we are still stuck with the same 2 shitty treatments on the androgen department (finasteride and dutasteride, which happens to be the main weapon against hairloss, hence the importance of discovering why it isn't working for some people, instead of waiting for some scammer to release some sort of delusional cure)

2) "You are genetically ignoring the dutasteride". This, i've heard a case in here in which a dude was on both finasteride and dutasteride and somehow the DHT came out the same before-after treatment. So this one makes sense.

3) "Lowering DHT to such low levels makes other hormones peak and move". I've heard some people point at , progresterone, prolactine, androstendiole, and other hormones which are interacting with DHT (find any picture with its pathways). This would be interesting to study if everyone on dutasteride got a bloodwork (a real bloodwork with all the relevant hormones, not some shitty bloodwork which only measures DHT, test and estrogen, but all the rest of the sexual hormones, and we really took a look at this more accurately. It is possible that some of the changes done by lowering DHT to very low levels are causing those massive sheds, however most people are too low IQ to get bloodworks to begin with, let alone to interpret the results accordingly. We should start by posting before and after bloodworks if we want get anywhere. Doctors clearly don't care about any of this. For instance, my prolactine is off the charts on finasteride, so im wondering if that is related to the continued shedding (i've been on topical finasteride for many years now)

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT naturally decreases with age, but hair loss also increases with age. There are factors in male pattern baldness that are unknown. I personally believe DHT is only a small factor and only in men who bald young (under 35), which is why most men continue to go bald on dutasteride, slowly or quickly.