How Is It Possible That Finasteride Is Working On Only One Part Of The Scalp?

Gardy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You look like you’re maintaining really well and the longer hair style is definitely better for your crown, the average person would not bat an eyelid at it

True, but I have really thick hair on the sides on my head (around the ears) and my hair grows in the air, it doesn't slide down my head.
Those two things make me look redicolous when I have longer hair so I have to trim it down often.
That brings us back to visible scalp on crown :confused:

Cheers bud.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably The hairs on your crown had already started journey toward balding before you started finasteride. I think microneedling and minoxidil +dutasteride would have to work for everyone,you would not be an exception. Best luck mate.

Gary Ferguson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
True, but I have really thick hair on the sides on my head (around the ears) and my hair grows in the air, it doesn't slide down my head.
Those two things make me look redicolous when I have longer hair so I have to trim it down often.
That brings us back to visible scalp on crown :confused:

Cheers bud.
Get it cut shorter on the sides

Gardy

My Regimen
Reaction score
image.jpeg

June update. Like someone said in microneedling thread, almost every time I as much as lightly pinch my hair in Norwood 6 area, some of the hairs end up staying on my fingers.

I'm watching people on this forum freak out when they shower and they end up losing 15-20 hairs in the process. I can only hope duta starts working one day so I can lose only two-three times that amount since I'm currently losing ten times that amount when washing hair.

I think microneedling and minoxidil +dutasteride would have to work for everyone,you would not be an exception.
Well, so far, I am exception. Not that big exception frankly, since I see people here reporting duta not really being much better than fina.

Get it cut shorter on the sides
Then my crown thinning becomes more obvious. When I'm like this, people are too busy judging the rest of my hair to see messed up crown. :D

Last edited:

Gardy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well after 3 yrs I decided to visit this thread again :D
I wasn't consistent with Minoxidil after the Covid hit, my hair could have been better had I been consistent with it in the last 2 yrs.
But now I am back on it, I also bought Derminator which made dermaneedling much more easier than stamping my head with a dermastamp like some kind of Barbarian.
In pics, my hairline and partly crown can be seen reddish since I did Derminator session one or two days prior to that.
Duta 0.5mg every 3rd day, Fina 1.25mg in the days between that. minoxidil 7% once per day usually, sometimes twice.
I really don't get people who tell that they are needling their heads once every seven days, little red dots from the previous session are still visible on my head in such a small time-frame. So I do it once every 10-14 days, 1.5 mm.

Attachments

• 20220313_191507.jpg
    20220313_191507.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 20220313_191530.jpg
    20220313_191530.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 88