How Is It Best To Shave The Existing Hair Underneath The System?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Is there something that only cuts small hair and spares longer? Does an electric razor like this do it?
7345XL_17-IMS-en_US?$jpglarge$&wid=1250.jpg

Which shape would be better for an electric razor?

Maybe this?

71TtXh9H4CL._SY355_.jpg

Thank you!

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it depends on the quality of the shaver. This was a 200-dollar Braun foil. Previously. I'd tried less-expensive models, and got less-close results.

Try the Norelco One-Blade - that's easy as pie to use, and, well made, it leaves you with stubble. It's not intended for razor-close results.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I think it depends on the quality of the shaver. This was a 200-dollar Braun foil. Previously. I'd tried less-expensive models, and got less-close results.

Try the Norelco One-Blade - that's easy as pie to use, and, well made, it leaves you with stubble. It's not intended for razor-close results.
But razor close is better. Maybe just a razor is good enough then.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
There are so many new and expensive electric razors on the sale and being pushed to me in the shops. Wish I could explain the shop workers what exactly I need this for :D.

I guess actually the older and cheapers versions are better and sparing longer hair and only cutting the stubble?

Fanjeera

Reaction score

Does it skip longer hair? Can I bravely just hit my bio hair with it without being afraid of it shaving the wrong areas? Rotary is better at skipping longer hair maybe?

Some folks are sensitive to foil-type shavers... I use a blade.

Rotary is softer.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it skip longer hair? Can I bravely just hit my bio hair with it without being afraid of it shaving the wrong areas? Rotary is better at skipping longer hair maybe?

Rotary is softer.

I can't use that either. It all comes down to personal preference. Not everyone is the same. There is no "best" method in this area.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, the best aspect about using an electric foil is you can easily shave your stubble while "skipping" your long hair as it doesn't get caught in the foil.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally use a double-edged razor with a little conditioner or shaving cream so I can see where I'm shaving. It's much better for the purpose of removing longer growth than a standard cartridge/disposable razor.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Yes, the best aspect about using an electric foil is you can easily shave your stubble while "skipping" your long hair as it doesn't get caught in the foil.
Doesn't a regular razor blade also skip the long hair, only shave the stubble?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say, generally speaking, yes. But there are electrics which have trimmers on the edges of the foil to reduce hair before the foil hits it.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I'm gonna just buy the cheapest versions of both foil and rotary (Braun and Philips) and see which one is best. The votes in forums divide evenly between those. With the cheapest ones I can hopefully be sure that there are no additional luxuries that are meant to also cut longer hair, so I can safely drive it around my head without worrying about mm-s.