How Important (realistic) To Insist The Surgeon Her/himself Do The Op? (turkey)

Walk away if s/he doesn't do 100% of the op.

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not necessarily, but do try and insist

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No need, don't be a weirdo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BJGunner

Reaction score
That's the question actually.

Do I walk away when a surgeon says he doesn't do 100% of the work?

How wise/necessary is it to offer +10 or +15% on top of the given quota so that the surgeon does 100% of the operation her/himself?

And other heads ups and tips about Turkey are all welcome me good Samaritans

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you want the surgeon to do everything however? Bear in mind the drawback to having a surgeon to everything is that they will inevitably suffer fatigue during the procedure that may negatively affect the result.

In my opinion the best scenario is where the surgeon does most of the work with some help from the technicians to do the rest.

What made you decide on Turkey for your procedure May I ask?

HLV

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you want the surgeon to do everything however? Bear in mind the drawback to having a surgeon to everything is that they will inevitably suffer fatigue during the procedure that may negatively affect the result.

In my opinion the best scenario is where the surgeon does most of the work with some help from the technicians to do the rest.

HLV

I agree with this. On this forum there seems to be too many who emphasise the importance of having the surgeon doing 100% of the work himself. I think one needs to bear in mind that what is critical on the outcome is actually the hairline design, distribution of singles/multiples at the right place, angulation, and appropriate spacing in order to create the desired density as well as not overdoing it which could cause loss of blood supply.
There is nothing wrong with a highly trusted and trained technician doing the insertion, as long as the surgeon himself creates the graft sites as well as being around the closely inspect the work on a regular basis.
There has been concerns about Erdogan's technicians, but to me it sounds like a case of corner cutting with inadequate training as well as the lack of attention from the surgeon himself, hence producing subpar results of recent times.
When it comes down to it, many Turkish clinic will do anything if you demand it or pay more for it, as they are mostly money-making machines with little concern for much else. Well established European/US/Australian clinics however will insist they have established the procedure which they consider most suitable with consideration of efficiency/fatigue etc, and will not change their procedures simply because you offer more cash.

BJGunner

Reaction score

HLV
Thank you for your input

BJGunner

Reaction score
I agree with this. On this forum there seems to be too many who emphasise the importance of having the surgeon doing 100% of the work himself. I think one needs to bear in mind that what is critical on the outcome is actually the hairline design, distribution of singles/multiples at the right place, angulation, and appropriate spacing in order to create the desired density as well as not overdoing it which could cause loss of blood supply.
There is nothing wrong with a highly trusted and trained technician doing the insertion, as long as the surgeon himself creates the graft sites as well as being around the closely inspect the work on a regular basis.
There has been concerns about Erdogan's technicians, but to me it sounds like a case of corner cutting with inadequate training as well as the lack of attention from the surgeon himself, hence producing subpar results of recent times.
When it comes down to it, many Turkish clinic will do anything if you demand it or pay more for it, as they are mostly money-making machines with little concern for much else. Well established European/US/Australian clinics however will insist they have established the procedure which they consider most suitable with consideration of efficiency/fatigue etc, and will not change their procedures simply because you offer more cash.

Thank you for your input mate really appreciated