How I look with buzzcuts (pics).... what do you think?

sp2012

Reaction score
Hello again everyone, I'm the same guy who posted the recent thread: Thinning on Top (pics included) - Shave it off or different cut? http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=71444

You can find pics of how my hair looks now in that thread to compare with the ones here. I thought I'd post some pics I took from 2011 where I had a buzzcut. I was wondering if you guys think it suits me. I'm considering what many of you said, going #0.5 (which I believe is a head stubble? kinda like that surfer Kelly Slater?).

These are from last year, all done with a #2 buzzcut:

[img=http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/89/31929322411459042501116.th.jpg]

[img=http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/6493/31561022408061357561116.th.jpg]

[img=http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5162/31924522408091758321116.th.jpg]

From back of the head, kinda far away:

[img=http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/6324/30842022407877352961116.th.jpg]

This one is also from the back, but from my wedding day a year earlier in 2010, same cut #2:

[img=http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7840/27832622085573624263063.th.jpg]

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
Fine...but the usual applies...you'd look better with a slight tan and if you worked out hard.

sp2012

Reaction score
gh05 said:
Fine...but the usual applies...you'd look better with a slight tan and if you worked out hard.

Working on the work-out process. But overall, you think I'm better off with a buzzcut other than leaving the sides and back short wth some length on top (i.e. like in my initial thread)?

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
sp2012 said:
gh05 said:

Working on the work-out process. But overall, you think I'm better off with a buzzcut other than leaving the sides and back short wth some length on top (i.e. like in my initial thread)?

I would say so personally. Others may disagree but to me you've got quite a lot of thinning at the front so best to keep it neatly shaved rather than have straggly hairs.

Put some muscle on and the whole look goes a lot better.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think the buzz suits you well, but like i said in the other thread if you are going to keep the front longer you will want to put some concealers on as the hair is probably getting a bit thin in the front with out them. Personally, if I was you I would leave it buzzed as I think it suits you very well and like the guy above says, hitting the gym and getting a tan would help your look overall, but if you do want to keep your hair a little longer, you have probably got enough hair for some options so long as you use concealers.

If your asking for a direct comparision, as in photos from your first thread, compared to buzzed in this thread, your hair looks much better buzzed in my opinion

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Lose the sandals man!

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
You have a friendly face and the shaving brings out your eyes :gay:

You still have what looks like a NW2-3 up there but very fine/thin hairs. You could try experimenting with concealers or such?

The buzz hair looks fine too but I'd even take it further and shave the sides too.

Good luck in the gym too and sounds like a nice woman you have, go on and enjoy life.

sp2012

Reaction score
hiya said:
You have a friendly face and the shaving brings out your eyes :gay:

You still have what looks like a NW2-3 up there but very fine/thin hairs. You could try experimenting with concealers or such?

The buzz hair looks fine too but I'd even take it further and shave the sides too.

Good luck in the gym too and sounds like a nice woman you have, go on and enjoy life.

By shaving the sides, do you mean something along the lines of... #1 on top and 0.5 on sides/back or maybe #2 on top and #1 sides/back?

sp2012

Reaction score
Man in Space said:
I think the buzz suits you well, but like i said in the other thread if you are going to keep the front longer you will want to put some concealers on as the hair is probably getting a bit thin in the front with out them. Personally, if I was you I would leave it buzzed as I think it suits you very well and like the guy above says, hitting the gym and getting a tan would help your look overall, but if you do want to keep your hair a little longer, you have probably got enough hair for some options so long as you use concealers.

If your asking for a direct comparision, as in photos from your first thread, compared to buzzed in this thread, your hair looks much better buzzed in my opinion

Thanks. Yeah, I think it's more low-maintenance when buzzed, ESPECIALLY with a thinning problem. Cuz, like with my situation, if its left longer on top, it doesn't matter which style it is, the hair will somehow get messed up eventually and reveal the thinning areas... if you know what I mean.

About concealers... I looked into it, sounds pretty cool, I just have to make sure I don't wear it on a rainy day or something lol. However, I read that excessive use of them can cause build-up on scalp leading to infection? Is there any truth to this?

sp2012

Reaction score
Oh, just one quick question for you guys...

Every time I would go to my barber to get a buzzcut, he was always hesitant to go lower than #2. He would say "Are you sure? That's very close to the scalp".

I'm wondering... do most barbers usually show concern when they have a customer asking for a #1 or below haircut?

If its just my barber, then do you think he showed hesitation because of the length or because he thinks it might not suit me personally to go below #2?

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well its my understanding that a good quality concealer will withstand rain, perspiration, Ive never heard about infection that seems very odd to me, but other more experienced people might like to chime in there?

Its my opinion that the buzz is your best bet, i just wanted to make you aware of concealers so you know that you have options, if you were to buzz it short in the sides and leave it longer on top and apply them, you would be able to create the illusion of a decent head of hair, but like you say, it is high maintenence and if you know you look good with a buzz why go through all that? still, nice to have the choice though hey?