How hair loss has affected my life

SuperBaldy

Reaction score
Hello, I am a 27-year old male. The first time I noticed that I was losing my hair, I was 16. My hair was thinning in the front and my hairline was receding. I was probably NW2 at a young age like that. It felt pretty hard at first, because everyone else had a full head of hair. I don't know if anyone noticed my hair loss at that point, but I knew it was there. Eventually, it got worse pretty quickly and I was already NW4 when I turned 20. I started getting comments from my friend. By, 23, I was nearly NW6, I lost my hair quick.

I decided to start shaving my head with a razor. Been doing that ever since. I've learnt to accept my hair loss and I won't be using any money on medication. I've even learnt to be positive about it and started to think that real men go bald at some point in their life, sooner or later. I do get some bowling ball jokes, but I'm proud of my bowling ball head.

These days, there is no reason to be ashamed of being bald. Bald men aren't ridiculed the same way as in the past, when many balding men just resorted to silly-looking combovers.