How Does My New System Look? Finally Got A New One!

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys! So I finally ended up getting my new system installed today! It’s my first time with a NWL French lace unit with poly rim and I’m really digging it! My last unit was a system I got from the salon that didn’t have a graduated unit, was poly on the front sides and back with lace in the middle, and just felt very thick. You can see that system in the last pic I posted. I wanted something more low key and I think this looks pretty solid. Wondering what you guys think about it?

Also how are people’s experience with using glue on lace? My stylist put no shine tape on the hairline because she didn’t want the glue to seep through the lace. At first I was a bit iffy about it since normally I semi-expose my hairline, but it actually doesn’t look bad. However, if I do ever end up using glue on the hairline, should I be worrying about seepage? I live in a pretty hot place so it’s definitely a concern. Other than that, I’m pretty satisfied with how it looks. Much more natural and low key. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• E8558E28-AA90-4EA1-AC8A-09AE213C3163.jpeg
    E8558E28-AA90-4EA1-AC8A-09AE213C3163.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 493
  • 899D0780-CF39-48C5-AA52-497D46331F96.jpeg
    899D0780-CF39-48C5-AA52-497D46331F96.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 481
  • EEB3431B-3C8E-4247-A8E9-EF172D9527D6.jpeg
    EEB3431B-3C8E-4247-A8E9-EF172D9527D6.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 488

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Got to be honest. That hairline was pretty bad.

I quite like this new one.

OK so moving on. Tape also will seep. I actually had a very bad experience with that.

Personally i use glue on the front but tape on the poly rim.. I'm switching to tape because it's easier and I don't expose my hairline. People usually complain the extra thickness of tape compared to glue will not be ideal.

And I just looked at your pictures again. That looks really good still

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Much better hairline than your first poly unit. Newer piece looks great, congrats.
As for exposed hairline, glue is better than tape, unless you use the thinest tape on the market called 3mm thin by walker tape. Seepage occurs only when glue not properly applied or if one waits too long to detach. ( glue breaking down)
I personally use a mix of tape for side and back and glue for front hairline

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That last pic with the blue shirt was his previous system. He's just put it up here for comparison.

The new system is a much better look and far more natural. Mostly the density, the graduated hairline, and the wet look you have styled it in. I wouldn't think it was a system if I didn't know.

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Sorry for the confusion but last picture was my old system for comparison. I definitely think this one is much more natural and my parents agree this one looks a lot better. I’m mainly just concerned with the tape/glue seeping through the lace. Anybody have any suggestions on what I can do to prevent this? I usually change my system every 2 weeks but I assume I won’t be able to keep that tape at the hairline for 2 weeks without it starting to break down especially in the heat

Also @deg_dilemma i just saw your other post about your new system and it looks absolutely unbelievable

Last edited:

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tend to get about a week now. That's with the sport hold scalp protector and ghost bond xl.

The issue for me is less about seepage, but more about avoiding the cleanup from hell. If it breaks down too much you just end up resorting to rougher cleaning methods. Whereas a bond that's less broken down I can just use cotton wool and rolling on lace to get rid of it

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Much better. Lighter density is the key to wearing that will make it look the most natural.

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just read your post again. Do you have poly in the front? The regular thick poly or skin? There is a big difference. I have poly on the sides and back, but I cannot imagine using that in the front unless the hair is completely covering your hairline, which It does not look like in your pics.

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just read your post again. Do you have poly in the front? The regular thick poly or skin? There is a big difference. I have poly on the sides and back, but I cannot imagine using that in the front unless the hair is completely covering your hairline, which It does not look like in your pics.

This current unit is lace on the hairline. My old system was poly on the hairline and I’m pretty sure it was the thick poly. Since my hairline was so dense and not graduated On the first system, I was able to cover it up

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Where do you even get new systems right now? I've understood noone has been producing them for almost half a year now.