How does it look when you begin to bald at the crown?

redskins1

Reaction score
I feel as though my crown is beginning to bald, but I'm not really sure as I've never really paid attention to it before.

resu

Reaction score
It becomes more see through, what do you think it would look like?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
post a picture in neutral lighting we will tell you

bald eagle

Reaction score
I feel as though my crown is beginning to bald, but I'm not really sure as I've never really paid attention to it before.

Looks like this. My crown was thin all the way to the front of my hairline.

2u87y1k.jpg
2r7vczq.jpg

bald eagle

Reaction score
Hey bald eagle what's your regimen that got you that regrowth over the year?

It was a pretty simple regime.

Regime:
- Rogaine foam in the morning
- 2ml Kirkland 5% minoxidil liquid at night
- roughly 0.8mg of finasteride before bed (5mg proscar cut into sixths)

sportsfan12

Established Member
Reaction score
It was a pretty simple regime.

Regime:
- Rogaine foam in the morning
- 2ml Kirkland 5% minoxidil liquid at night
- roughly 0.8mg of finasteride before bed (5mg proscar cut into sixths)

My thinning looks similar to yours in the first pic- I first noticed 2 years ago and hopped on minoxidil right away- I was always on the fence with finasteride. I think I'm going to pull the trigger and hop on finasteride this week as im flat out sick of losing hair not to mention my older brother has crazy thick hair. Do you have a link to a thread where you have progress pics? Also any sides or suggestions for somebody starting on finasteride? I was thinking starting at .5 mg/day

bald eagle

Reaction score
My thinning looks similar to yours in the first pic- I first noticed 2 years ago and hopped on minoxidil right away- I was always on the fence with finasteride. I think I'm going to pull the trigger and hop on finasteride this week as im flat out sick of losing hair not to mention my older brother has crazy thick hair. Do you have a link to a thread where you have progress pics? Also any sides or suggestions for somebody starting on finasteride? I was thinking starting at .5 mg/day

Here's my thread from 2013 but never updated it though.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/67943-1-year-update

The only difference now is that I use 0.5mg finasteride everyday and 2ml minoxidil at night (1ml for the front and 1ml for the back) to cover my entire scalp.

I would start finasteride at .5mg every other day to see how your body reacts. I noticed a big shed when first starting finasteride for the first couple weeks (similar to the shed when starting minoxidil). But after several months the hair that grew back was thicker. I also started exercising more regularly (cardio and weights).

In 2014 I didn't follow the regime as closely as I did in 2012-2013, but I was able to maintain what I had regrown.

sportsfan12

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's my thread from 2013 but never updated it though.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/67943-1-year-update

I would start finasteride at .5mg every other day to see how your body reacts. I noticed a big shed when first starting finasteride for the first couple weeks (similar to the shed when starting minoxidil). But after several months the hair that grew back was thicker. I also started exercising more regularly (cardio and weights).

In 2014 I didn't follow the regime as closely as I did in 2012-2013, but I was able to maintain what I had regrown.

Nice thanks- were you able to get your hair back to how it was before it started thinning? I'm looking at pics of my hair from 1 1/2- 2 years ago before thinning started and I would do anything to get it back.

bald eagle

Reaction score
Nice thanks- were you able to get your hair back to how it was before it started thinning? I'm looking at pics of my hair from 1 1/2- 2 years ago before thinning started and I would do anything to get it back.

Actually my hairline never filled in completely. But with a good hairstyle I'm able to cover my receding temples to the point where it's not noticeable. As for the hair on my crown, yes it did grow back much thicker and right now I'm just maintaining.

shookwun

Reaction score
thinning
discolouration from strong terminal hairs
see-through