How do you remove glue from your head?

Allantint

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Ive been wearing for close to 3 months and I usually go about 2 weeks before I take off the system and re-attach it (I use Ultra-Hold tape). The biggest problem I've encountered in the whole process is removing the leftover tape from my scalp, it tends not to want to come off my scalp and needs 3/4 washes before I manage to remove it fully from my scalp. Furthermore, the glue sometimes gets into my bio-hair while trying to remove it from my scalp making the whole process long and frustrating.

So my question to you guys is how do you personally remove glue from your scalp? Perhaps I should re-attach the system every week instead of every 2 weeks, but that seems a bit tedious.

Any suggestions or insights are appreciated

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
3 to 4 washes, with what? Soap? That's not appropriate for removing adhesives.

You need to use a solvent based product. I suggest iopropyl alcohol, c22, or hair direct's scalp cleaner. Each will make quick work of removing adhesive and residue.

Allantint

Reaction score
3 to 4 washes, with what? Soap? That's not appropriate for removing adhesives.

You need to use a solvent based product. I suggest iopropyl alcohol, c22, or hair direct's scalp cleaner. Each will make quick work of removing adhesive and residue.
Ive tried using walkers lace release spray and straight 99% isopropyl alcohol but for some reason it just transforms into an even gooier mess on my scalp and ends up getting into my hair. I got so frustrated with the whole thing at one point i tried using dawn dish soap to remove it but even that had a hard time (I know this is probably a very stupid idea to use directly on the scalp)

Do you have any advice on how you personally use the products to remove glue from your scalp?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive tried using walkers lace release spray and straight 99% isopropyl alcohol but for some reason it just transforms into an even gooier mess on my scalp and ends up getting into my hair. I got so frustrated with the whole thing at one point i tried using dawn dish soap to remove it but even that had a hard time (I know this is probably a very stupid idea to use directly on the scalp)

Do you have any advice on how you personally use the products to remove glue from your scalp?
I'll never understand why people default to dishwashing detergent. I'd say order scalp cleaner from hairdirect, as I suggested earlier, and Fanjeera has too.

It's intended purpose is to remove adhesive from the scalp.....so don't use it on your pots, pans, or dishes... :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211116-180011_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211116-180011_Chrome.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can't just wash it out. It'd take like a million shampoos.

You need to use oil. C22 works best, no question. You spray it liberally on your head, wait a bit, then begin manually removing by rubbing a towel all about your head (a la the way many ppl w real hair towel-dry their hair). Do it until you can't remove any more, until nothing more flakes off.

Then resaturate your head with C22 & wash with bar soap, or, even better, dishwashing liquid.

Of course, C22 is costly. I've found Baby Oil to be the best substitute for this process. I've tried both standard baby oil & ingestable mineral oil (for constipation). I don't really know which I prefer - but I think the Baby Oil-type mineral oil is superior.

Hope this helps

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I'll never understand why people default to dishwashing detergent. I'd say order scalp cleaner from hairdirect, as I suggested earlier, and Fanjeera has too.

It's intended purpose is to remove adhesive from the scalp.....so don't use it on your pots, pans, or dishes... :)
But what about the base? You still wash the base with it, right?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
But what about the base? You still wash the base with it, right?"
Do I wash the base with dishwashing detergent? No I'd never use dishwashing detergent for anything other than dishes.

There's always the right tool, for the job, readily available.

I use cotton to roll off the adhesive, and alcohol to clean the base.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Do I wash the base with dishwashing detergent? No I'd never use dishwashing detergent for anything other than dishes.

There's always the right tool, for the job, readily available.

I use cotton to roll off the adhesive, and alcohol to clean the base.
What if that's not enough?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
What if that's not enough?
It's always enough. I never have an issue. 15 min start to finish cleaning tape and ultra hold from .03 spotlessly.

And believe me, mine is as gooey as can be, Which is why I can remove the tape fairly easily. Cotton takes off the goo, and I clean any remaining tackiness with 99% alcohol.

Last edited:

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Rubbing cotton wool and then scraping it off seemed to irritate my skin, I use an exfoliating glove and C-22 and it comes right off. First round just rub the C-22 with the glove and rinse and second round rub the C-22 then rub shampoo and rinse both off. Works for me!

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I put isopropyl onto a cotton wool pad and then rub the area with glue or tape residue until it's gone. I then wash my bio hair and scalp with shampoo.
I used to do that, it doesn't get it all off. C-22... real quick. Then you can use the alcohol to remove the C-22.

goingMonky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Usually stuff dissolves in one of the following things,
1. water, it seems your glue stuff isn't water based.
2. Petroleum stuff like thinner, alcohol, rockel, diesel and again it seems your glue doesn't dissolve in that either.
3. Oil. Did you try oil? try coconut oil.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to do that, it doesn't get it all off. C-22... real quick. Then you can use the alcohol to remove the C-22.

It seems to work ok for me from what I can tell, however you're a professional in hair systems so if you're recommending the Walker C-22 citrus solvent then I'll go with your advice and give it a try.

DarkStranger

My Regimen
Reaction score
I normally use surgical spirit which works.
However with really stubborn residue. Using a fair bit can irritate and make the scalp quite sore. So it isn't ideal.

Same with iso alcohol, it gives me skin irritation and soreness, if I use a fair bit and have to scrub.

C22 works better but sadly sets off my asthma and gives me a headache from the overpowering citrus scent.
Unless I do it outdoors or wearing a respirator gas type mask.

Would baby oil or olive oil work for cleaning adhesive residue off the scalp only for sensitive skin?

Otherwise has anyone used Walker Signature Remover?
Which is meant for sensitive skin which is supposed to not smell so strong,and be a mild citrus smell.

Last edited: