How Do You Protect Your Scalp Skin From Being Ruined

Kieran25

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I did my first home clean and managed to clean the lace hair system pretty well. Cotton wool and rubbed it off. However seems my scalp has had a reaction to the glue used by the stylist as it looks bruised and very dry. Any recommendations on products to use before reattaching the system? I am going to try walker ulta glue and two side tapes this time rather than full glue all the way round but want to make sure my scalp doesn't end up looking like a gone off egg!

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you use scalp protector? That puts a shield between your scalp and the glue.

I use a tape perimeter (and one strip down the middle) with a very narrow glue band at the hairline. The tape is really glue, also, but I hear people have fewer issues with it.

Also, which glue? The white glues tend to be easier on your skin than the clear ones.

Kieran25

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I had it done by the salon last time and never saw any protector put on. But have purchased one so I can so myself next time as I plan to do my own maintainace from now. Will use the tapes too as less mess. Thanks