How do you meet girls???

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hairloss isn't really a problem for me yet. Noblody has noticed anything, since I am a diffuse thinner. The few poeple that I have told think I am crazy, but we all know our heads better than anybody.

Anyway, I am an engineer in this shitty city of Tucson, Arizona. Literally 90% of the people i work with are 45 or older, and only 5% of the people here are "women". And there isn't one single girl among them!!!

The girls at the clubs are nice, but they are all colleg hotties. Doesn't sound like anything to complain about, except that I am 28 yrs old now, and looking for something that doesn't want to move back to mommy and daddy, wherever that might be.

Friend situation: They, too, are all engineers. Not exactly the best looking or most outgoing bunch, either. They are all into Warcraft and other computer games. And when we do go out, they don't talk to girls at all. It's always me by my lonesome talking to girls. That sh*t takes courage, and sometimes I just don't have it.

So what are other ways to meet women? Some poeple say laundramats, the grocery store, libraries... but is there ONE single human being that has ever REALLY met somebody at any of these places???

Anybody ever try internet dating? I don't think it's a bad idea, just 1) sad that it comes down to that- I'm a relatively good-looking guy, and 2) I don't want to meet some big fat fatty or some psycho b**ch either.

Any suggestions? How many of you have met someone by means of a "friend of a friend", or a friend's cousin or whatever? I have NO link like that whatsoever.

I need a gd girlfriend!!! =)

Cassin

Reaction score
Persoanlly I think the bar/club scene is the worst place if you want a real GF. Anyone guy with a decent personality can drag a piece of trash out of those places. I'm not saying all girls that go there are like that by the way.

As for the library, I met a girl that worked at one when I cruzed in for something and we ended up dating for a long time.

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
It's all pretty random. My first real girlfriend was a French girl who came over to stay with a friend of the family's last year. My cousin and the two of us went out for a drink one night, got fairly drunk and she started kissing me in the cab home. Didn't think she'd be interested the next day, but lo - she turned up at my house. That's all over now and I work in a high school where I met the next gf (eighteen) :). It happens when you least expect, if you try and make something happen it normally doesn't, that's my feeling on this matter anyway.

StoneCold316

Reaction score
bar/club scene

Clubs are ok if you just want to mash with some trash, but unless you are the next coming of Justin Timberlake, its hard to meet the real good looking girls at those places. I have been told I am a pretty good looking guy, and even then its tough competition. Usually those places are so loud you cant really "talk" to a girl to show her your personality and most times the girls there are 18-21 without a clue to what they want. Also, where I live, there seems to be always more guys than chicks there...which means that even the ugly girls will give you an attitude since they have the pick of the litter.

Granted, Ihave had some "good times" at places like these but since I've turned 30, you feel like a pedophile hanging out gawking at college girls..although they are great to look at, I admit! But, you are really not gonna find a soul-mate in a place like that.

The bottom line is that clubs and bars don't deliver based on the amount of effort you have to put in. And it shouldnt be that way.

The coffee shops sound like a good idea, perhaps that would be a good alternative?

Sorry for venting!

gerard

Established Member
Reaction score
volunteer at community events..!!!

pretend to be a student in college... (or dont pretend and take some arts course to pretend pursuing another degree)

rockstar

Reaction score
Move to another city..its a big world out there and it sounds like u have more ambition than what the city holds for u curently...ur still v young do it now while u can..good luck

fuzbucket

Established Member
Reaction score
hey man.... good topic. i'm always looking for advicee in this area. however i have a little advice for you. i've met 3 of my past gf's from girls i used to talk to online..... not like "internet dating".... just girls i talked to on msn or icq who i randomly found.... and eventually i would be like hey you wanna meet up? and every single time i got the girl.

other then that, the best way is work (which doesn't look good for you)... and definitely take some night school classes or something... that's always a good one.... and through friends is really good.... or going to house parties that worked for me twice..... that's all i got.... good luck.

chris

giggsy

Established Member
Reaction score
Move to Sydney Australia

You wouldnt believe the women here ...... easy to talk to...easy to meet... and best of all they are all Australian..

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
Met my current gf of 2 years 4 months on the net, through another net friend lol.

Suggest you try the same :) Nothing wrong with meeting someone off the internet although I understand the pyscho thing. Just make sure you meet in a public place first and get to know her!

bombscience

Reaction score
Let this player teach you all how it's done.

Bombscience Approach #1:

Walk up to an attractive female and whisper these words to her: "Hey sweet baby, you are the honeysuckle of my nectar of my love"

If she doesn't slap you and laughs hysterically she's got to have a sense of humor

When that fails...

http://www.friendster.com

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Clubs are ok if you just want to mash with some trash, but unless you are the next coming of Justin Timberlake, its hard to meet the real good looking girls at those places. I have been told I am a pretty good looking guy, and even then its tough competition. Usually those places are so loud you cant really "talk" to a girl to show her your personality and most times the girls there are 18-21 without a clue to what they want. Also, where I live, there seems to be always more guys than chicks there...which means that even the ugly girls will give you an attitude since they have the pick of the litter.

Granted, Ihave had some "good times" at places like these but since I've turned 30, you feel like a pedophile hanging out gawking at college girls..although they are great to look at, I admit! But, you are really not gonna find a soul-mate in a place like that.

The bottom line is that clubs and bars don't deliver based on the amount of effort you have to put in. And it shouldnt be that way.

The coffee shops sound like a good idea, perhaps that would be a good alternative?

Sorry for venting!

Rattlesnake's hit the nail here. Clubs are not the way foreward. But Stone, there are nearly always more guys in clubs then chicks, except maybe Bangkok or places like that. Suckie suckie long time? :roll:

Besides, i thought you had Miss Deborah? :wink:

hopewas

Reaction score
internet dating is truly for people who settle. most of the time the other person is a pig. anyways, the way to meet women is to go to parties. hang out with people you might even hate just to meet more people who know more girls.. that's the trick. clubs and bars are a good place to meet w****s, but not girls who are relationship material.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice given so far. Please flood this thread with more. I can certainly use it.

Trouble with taking classes is the age thing. I guess I have decided this for myself, but I feel I am too old for the college girls anymore. They are nice, SO nice, with their hot little bods. But I just got hurt pretty badly, and by a chic that wasn't all that, which makes it worse, and I don't want to invest my feelings into a chic that's gonna leave me for some Ahole that really does look like JT.

I started this chat because I realized that although I might be losING my hair, it isn't lost, it isn't overly obvious, at least not yet (Cmon, propecia, do your gd thing already!!!=). But regardless, I have a history of only 2 serious girfriends of 2 and 1 year, which means my dating life is nothing to brag about to begin with. So forget the hair, I gotta get out there. We all do!!!

How do you go about the internet thing, be it msn, icq or friendster? I feel embarrassed putting my photo online for all to see.

Thanks to all.

hopewas

Reaction score
don't do the internet thing.. don't be a loser. you'll be settling for the first person that comes along..and you shouldn't do that because you're losing your hair

HairFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
99% of the girls I was dating, I met through my friends.
Seriously, the easiest way to get a girl is to have your friend (who is prefferably a girls) set u up. Well, not really set u up, but put a few good words for you, and then you all go out together. Then the hardest part is over, and all you have to do is to "charm" her. Which is fairly easy :wink:
I have lots of friends so its sooooo easy to get a girl. :D

vodka by the gallon

Established Member
Reaction score
umm i would just go out as much as possible go to all diffrent types of stores malls and other public areas evn if you dont buy any thing i just went out shopping for shoes and i seen like 10 hot *** chix that were very aproachable and even younger than me like 19 and iam almost 24 it all good.. bars and clubs are good for drunk sex. but if you want to get in a relationship dont look there. just talk to as many girls and go out as much as possiblr dont disscriminate on the not so hot girls and the hottys you meet other girls through other girls so ya.

Diddy

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah your in a tough situation, every quality girl i've ever met was through a friend of a friend. Just a bunch of us hanging out, and then chat it up, and bingo.
Club girls are good for sex, but 85% are some dumb *** hoes. My buddies always take girls home with us, to drink and sh*t after the club, and some of these girls are so stupid its hilarious.

I'd say you gotta expand your network of guys friends. If you got a lot of buddies, each one has to know 4-5 chicks, and at one point you'll just meet in some social enviroment, and hopefully get a chance to work your sh*t.

And don't try to hard man! The odd times i actually tried hard to get a girl, it never works. Girls pop up at the weirdest times man. Just be cool and girls respond.

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
when you aren't looking or trying to meet a girlfriend is when you will meet one.