How do you manage Minoxidil's oily residue?

Chow

Reaction score
I've been using liquid minoxidil on my buzzed head for the past month. I've noticed that even after drying for more than an hour, it leaves a slightly oily residue that's unpleasant to touch; well, compared to freshly showered hair, at least. I was wondering how people, especially those with longer hair, are managing to keep this residue to a minimum? If done properly can a woman run her fingers through your hair/over your scalp without noiticing a difference?

Best,
Chow

mnhoops

Reaction score
Chow, I have the same question and would love if a more experienced user could help. Been on minoxidil for about 5mo. Cheers

Gizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
me = just another one with the same question and no answer

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
thats why I use the foam in the morning, its not greasy at all and dries in 10 minutes. I use liquid only at night when I dont have to go any where.

Gizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
thats why I use the foam in the morning, its not greasy at all and dries in 10 minutes. I use liquid only at night when I dont have to go any where.

but then it gets on your pillow and from there to your face and that can give you side effects

The_Mentalist

Established Member
Reaction score
New Kirkland minoxidil formula is actually drier than its previous version, I think. I would suggest experimenting with common household alcohol little by little to see if it will make the solution drier.

Gizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
maybe you could try Lipogaine that I'm reading is less oily and dries faster...I'm looking into it right now