How do you keep Rogaine from melting/liquifying?

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I read that if Rogaine becomes liquidy then it loses effectiveness. It's summer, so how can I keep it foamy? Can it be put in a fridge?

beaner

Reaction score
Just put it in the fridge for 5-10 minutes before you plan on using it.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
or lay it on its side in the bathroom sink and run a little bit of cold water over it for about a minute

StoptheMadness

Established Member
Reaction score
if the bottle sits in a room that has air temp over 75/76 degrees, then it does become a little more "liquidy". The air temp must remain no greater than 77 degrees but as I said, 75 or at most 76 degree should be the highest air temp exposure to the bottle.

Cassin

Reaction score
StoptheMadness said:
if the bottle sits in a room that has air temp over 75/76 degrees, then it does become a little more "liquidy". The air temp must remain no greater than 77 degrees but as I said, 75 or at most 76 degree should be the highest air temp exposure to the bottle.

That sounds about right off the top of my head...I'd also think about humidity.

Cassin

Reaction score
idontwanttobebalding said:
what happens to it that makes it (minoxidil.) loose it's effectiveness? Does the minoxidil. degrade?....or does the application method degrade and the minoxidil. is still effective? or none of the above? Is it kind of like shaving cream? :dunno:

No there is nothing wrong with the minoxidil...the actual foam just melts. The foam is the delivery vehicle you could say.

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you think Rogaine foam melting will loose its effectivness, think about it, liquid is still as effective why would foam being melted not be the same way?

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
Why do you think Rogaine foam melting will loose its effectivness, think about it, liquid is still as effective why would foam being melted not be the same way?
I agree ..I actually run my hand under the hot tap before squirting the Rogaine Foam on so it does melt a bit. It makes it easier to rub in..

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
irishpride86 said:

Isn't it better to have Rogaine foam melt with the temperature of your skin?

Cause if you don't mind having your Rogaine melted, then just buy liquid Rogaine.