How Do You Guys Motivate Yourself To Work Out/stay On Your Diet?

g.i joey

Reaction score
Believe me, the worst part is I know where I gained my weight from. I'm a chronic late night eater. Nothing better than getting home rolling a fat blunt and watching tv while devouring your fridge.

The worst part is I work out too but I over eat at night at abnormal rates lol

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Believe me, the worst part is I know where I gained my weight from. I'm a chronic late night eater. Nothing better than getting home rolling a fat blunt and watching tv while devouring your fridge.

The worst part is I work out too but I over eat at night at abnormal rates lol

I know this feel.

Update: I've been doing cardio everyday for the last 2ish weeks (since the semester ended) and I noticed that I already dropped like 3ish lbs. I'll take it lol. I try to ride around 10-15 miles on my elliptical bike everynight.

I also saw some older pictures of myself from a few years back, my face hasn't gotten AS "fat" as I thought it has. Angles can play a massive role lol.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
A calorie counter and meal plan will change over-eating, it's simply because you aren't tracking what you eat. Possibly you don't get enough calories during the day so you go overboard when you get home.

Most people like MyFitnessPal, personally I like FatSecret, but it definitely helped me. I rarely eat any sort of junk food now (as I stuff myself with Dorito's, but no this is just for the holidays) and takeaway food was a problem for me but before this week I hadn't ordered a takeaway in months.

Meal plans are initially a pain in the *** too, but you'll get used to them. Then you know you'll be full up for the evening instead of going to the fridge every 20mins.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
I'm not an expert workout person but my motivations are

- be healthiest version of myself I can ( hopefully extend my life)

- be active in old age

-look good

I find I just feel better after I workout and eat a healthy meal

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@davesmith420 how are you doing?

Just a quick point, if your goal is to cut fat you absolutely need to emphasize nutrition over exercise. Exercise is a great way to build cardiovascular capacity, build muscle, enhance your mood, etc but it's simply not a great way to cut fat. The elliptical trainer (been there, done that) will increase your appetite and/or decrease your metabolism, that's been proven by multiple studies. If you overuse the elliptical trainer, you risk herniating your spinal disks.

You'll do better by doing 16:8 fasting for a month (eat all your food within an 8-hour eating window, say 12-8) and replacing sugars and starches with fats where possible. Avocaco, eggs, beef, liver, fish, nuts, etc >>> bread, cake, doughnuts, toast, potatoes, rice.

Learn some low-carb recipes.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
@davesmith420 how are you doing?

Just a quick point, if your goal is to cut fat you absolutely need to emphasize nutrition over exercise. Exercise is a great way to build cardiovascular capacity, build muscle, enhance your mood, etc but it's simply not a great way to cut fat. The elliptical trainer (been there, done that) will increase your appetite and/or decrease your metabolism, that's been proven by multiple studies. If you overuse the elliptical trainer, you risk herniating your spinal disks.

You'll do better by doing 16:8 fasting for a month (eat all your food within an 8-hour eating window, say 12-8) and replacing sugars and starches with fats where possible. Avocaco, eggs, beef, liver, fish, nuts, etc >>> bread, cake, doughnuts, toast, potatoes, rice.

Learn some low-carb recipes.

Hey man thank you for the tips. I'm probably down about 3-4ish lbs since this post. Sure, I would probably like to lose 10 more lbs but at least I'm not up in weight. I limited eating out to at the most once a week and switched from drinking beer to gin and tonics (diet tonic water).

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man thank you for the tips. I'm probably down about 3-4ish lbs since this post. Sure, I would probably like to lose 10 more lbs but at least I'm not up in weight. I limited eating out to at the most once a week and switched from drinking beer to gin and tonics (diet tonic water).

Just stopping the increase is a very difficult first step.

vegetableman87

My Regimen
Reaction score
seeing the results when you are on a good diet/workout regime is very encouraging for me. Then look back at an old photo to stay motivated.