How Do You Guys Motivate Yourself To Work Out/stay On Your Diet?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

For about the last year and a half my weight has been up a good 10-15 lbs (inb4 Propecia packed weight on you, my weight has been up even before I got on Propecia). Although I'm still not crazy overweight by anymeans but that 15 lbs has totally gave me a little stomach and made my face look fat/not as defined. I can't even stand to look at pictures of myself from 2-3 years ago when I was in my "prime" to how I look today.

So my main question is the title. I had a really nice here write me a workout program to follow but I have been slacking on it. I have also been stressed out with my grad program and have been eating like a slop (drinking A LOT of pop). Tips?

Last edited:

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Willpower. Your motivation should be looking at those pics from 2-3 years ago.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

For about the last year and a half my weight has been up a good 10-15 lbs (inb4 Propecia packed weight on you, my weight has been up even before I got on Propecia). Although I'm still not crazy overweight by anymeans but that 15 lbs has totally gave me a little stomach and made my face look fat/not as defined. I can't even stand to look at pictures of myself from 2-3 years ago when I was in my "prime" to how I look today.

So my main question is the title. I had a really nice here write me a workout program to follow but I have been slacking on it. I have also been stressed out with my grad program and have been eating like a slop (drinking A LOT of pop). Tips?

You've just got to do it bro, even when you don't feel like it. No getting around that it will require dedication and sacrifice

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get a personal trainer to write up a training program, if it's bulky enough to keep you occupied with new movements and resistance then an hour of exercise will fly by. Make it a mix of core work, weights, and cardio for at least the first month.

Once you start to make progress in terms of fitness, then it's much easier to be dedicated. That breaking point of pain we have to get past suddenly becomes something you long for, when you've broken past it a handful of times or more, you're no longer afraid of it, and the realisation in the moments you're gasping for air or feeling like you're going to black out, they're just brief moments of time and you'll soon feel much better for a way longer period of time. It's a momentary meditation.

But of course, if you're just looking to shed a little weight from body and face, and you really don't like the idea of hitting a breaking point, you don't really have to kill yourself either. Go a little further each day, at a comfortable pace, and it won't take that long to get fit.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Get a super playful young puppy. you won't even notice you're working out.

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well if you can't dedicate ~3 hours a week to doing something healthy then you are sad.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
But of course, if you're just looking to shed a little weight from body and face, and you really don't like the idea of hitting a breaking point, you don't really have to kill yourself either. Go a little further each day, at a comfortable pace, and it won't take that long to get fit.

Just reading back on my own post, forget shedding facial fat from just a bit of running here and there, I'm not sure why I wrote this at the time because I knew it then- you've got to seriously cut your body fat percentage to notice it facially, especially if you're within even 20 or 30 pounds of an "average" weight, you can get down to that average size and your face will still be the same.

But anyway, you got 12 days until new years, do you really want to be another one of those resolution shmo's who don't stand a chance?

Get in a handful of even 20mins cardio or even easier, lifting some weight - with a handy minute's break between each set. That's really not a lot to ask for, and you'll actually start 2017 without caring about what date it is because your body sure won't.

Eat what you want, drink what you want, do what you normally do, but 20mins in the afternoon/evening long after a hangover will make the world of difference within a few weeks.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
H

bodybuilding is not 3 hour bodybuilding is a 24/7 sport

Who's talking about bodybuilding? 3 hours used correctly can get some great results over a year or so. I'd never have the desire to sacrifice looking like a bodybuilder (no offence anyone) in order to have a 0.1% chance of being somewhat successful at it.

Janekoman12

Established Member
Reaction score
Who's talking about bodybuilding? 3 hours used correctly can get some great results over a year or so. I'd never have the desire to sacrifice looking like a bodybuilder (no offence anyone) in order to have a 0.1% chance of being somewhat successful at it.
The 24/7 if you dont underStand that then wtf are you training for? The esey part is to workout the nutrution is the hard part thats why its a 24/7 sport life style to work out and get a great mens physiq body

Janekoman12

Established Member
Reaction score
And no if you want a body that girls c*m over by watching then 24/7 is the deal you train 1-2 hour a day and you eat like a champ thats the hard part eat what you want train 20-30 min wont do a f*****g sh*t even My lilbro who is 13 has more gains then Ppl living that way when they are 18-20 dont mislead the Ppl who want a great body or get in shape dont eat what you want and train hard you gotta work hard for it if you slack you wont change your body, Go hard and feel the sucsess feel the victory or slack and get the deafet slowly

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
think the roids went to your head buddy

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The 24/7 if you dont underStand that then wtf are you training for? The esey part is to workout the nutrution is the hard part thats why its a 24/7 sport life style to work out and get a great mens physiq body

The first sentence I feel puts people off training, this guy just wants to lose a little weight, and maybe you were grown into it without having to adjust, but for 99% of people the reaction is "You want me to do sh*t 24/7? OK I'll sit on the couch". And I've been there.

The workout isn't just the easy part, it's the best part, I have chilled out a bit to not work out 12 hours a week but initially I couldn't get enough, I wanted to work out more, even if my muscles were killing me all week, it was all that mattered.

But it's not 24/7 to get into fitness, maybe you do planks while getting a good 8 hour sleep.

Everyone's different, try to understand that, and god help your 13 year old brother if you go at him with the same attitude as your posts.

Janekoman12

Established Member
Reaction score
The first sentence I feel puts people off training, this guy just wants to lose a little weight, and maybe you were grown into it without having to adjust, but for 99% of people the reaction is "You want me to do sh*t 24/7? OK I'll sit on the couch". And I've been there.

The workout isn't just the easy part, it's the best part, I have chilled out a bit to not work out 12 hours a week but initially I couldn't get enough, I wanted to work out more, even if my muscles were killing me all week, it was all that mattered.

But it's not 24/7 to get into fitness, maybe you do planks while getting a good 8 hour sleep.

Everyone's different, try to understand that, and god help your 13 year old brother if you go at him with the same attitude as your posts.
Help him with what he is winning and Killing life

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** yeah brah!

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
No roids here just a Go hard or Go home attitude and thats what its about life is harsh life Will beat the sh*t out of you if you dont beat it first

Do you go up to strangers in the gym and correct their form?