How do you guys do it? - Things I've noticed

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone is following my story, Probably not! To make a long story short I've been on Propecia for about 6 years but it seems like I am starting to thin excessively for the last few months. I decided to start with topicals but stay away from minoxidil for now. It may even be diffusing ( but I don't know what diffusing is ). Anyway I finally decided what to get and got my order in the other day. Here is what I noticed...

- I have a whole new respect for people using topicals. I look down and see so many bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and treatments that I have NO idea when to use what. Doesn't seem like there are enough days in the week to use all this stuff.

- I don't have enough room in my shower to put all these shampoos, I think I am going to have to go out and buy a bunch of shelves and wire hangers

- I did not realize how much time and energy it was going to take to use topicals

- NONE of these topical shampoos come with any kind of directions ( except for Revivogen )

- I don't know if I can keep this up for 6 months, which is what most things take to start working

- Everytime I put something new on my head, I shed right off the bat. I mean ALOT, as soon as I start rubbing it in. It happened with Nizorel 2%, T-SAL, NANO and last night Folligen. Hope this means everything is working :)

That's it, kind of a stupid post but I just wanted to give props to all you guys that have been using topicals. What a PAIN IN THE ***!!!! Good luck, and wish me the same...

Here is a list of things in my shower.
T-SAL
T-GEL
Nizoral 2%
Nizim Shampoo
Selsum Blue Shampoo
American Crew Copper Reptide ( Shampoo and Conditioner )
American Crew Hair Thickening ( Shampoo and Conditioner )
Physique Volumizing Shampoo ( Very good thickening shampoo )
Loreal VIVE Men's thickening shampoo( from this site's recommendation )
Fructose Shampoo ( SUCKS!!! )
Revivogen ( Shampoo and Conditioner )
NANO Shampoo
Matrix Volumizing conditioner

Where is a guy suppose to find the time to use all this???

Melbs

Established Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah... i couldnt be stuffed using the minoxidil either... and it made me shed like a b**ch aswell. Im WAY happier not using it... especially for the next like 10-20 years... no way. Maybe later, but im 25 and that sh*t ruled my life.

Nizoral and 1 other shampoo that i buy from Advanced Hair Studios is all i use... they're both rotated here and there and it suits me fine.

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
Like I said Melbs - Just using shampoo seems like it is going to be a drag for the next 5 - 10 years. I couldn't imagine having to put minoxidil on night and day for the next 10 years. I feel bad for people that have to do that. Fortunatley I am 31 and holding onto what I have. Just trying to give the finasteride a little help.

choko

Reaction score
minoxidil isnt that bad...I just use it at the hairline, and it take like 20 sec's to apply. And dr lee's dries in a few min..

sam-

Established Member
Reaction score
md2002 said:
I don't know if anyone is following my story, Probably not! To make a long story short I've been on Propecia for about 6 years but it seems like I am starting to thin excessively for the last few months.

why Propecia experts :!: :!: :!:

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It seems to me that you are excessively complicating things on the shampoo front at least.

You don't need all that stuff just rotate nizoral with NANO or T Gel (personally I recommend NANO) and you will be fine. Use them INSTEAD of your regular shampoos not in addition, then its no hassle at all as you already shampoo anyway.

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
Global -

Thanks for the advice. I may do that but I just figured since Nizoral made my hair look like crap after shampooing, so wouldn't the rest of these topical shampoos. That's why I have the other shampoos and conditioners, I plan on using them after using Nano, Nizoral, T-Gel or Revivogen. Although people do say that Revivogen makes your hair look great.

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what is the point of topicals. None of them regrow your hair. I really just dont understand the waste of time it is to rub sh*t into your head thats probably doing nothing a normal shampoo or a Nizoral isnt.

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
JayB said:
what is the point of topicals. None of them regrow your hair. I really just dont understand the waste of time it is to rub sh*t into your head thats probably doing nothing a normal shampoo or a Nizoral isnt.

I disagree somewhat.... You can't deny the fact that they must help in SOME way, weather it is re growing hair, or giving it a better appearance or keeping it healthy. It is doing something, more so than normal shampoo. You need to look no furthur than this Forums to see that these do work better than normal shampoos.

I would go as far as to say it may just be in peoples head and that a positive attitude will grow hair. Either way, weather it's working scientifically or mentally, it is still working.

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
md2002 said:
JayB said:

I disagree somewhat.... You can't deny the fact that they must help in SOME way, weather it is re growing hair, or giving it a better appearance or keeping it healthy. It is doing something, more so than normal shampoo. You need to look no furthur than this Forums to see that these do work better than normal shampoos.

I would go as far as to say it may just be in peoples head and that a positive attitude will grow hair. Either way, weather it's working scientifically or mentally, it is still working.
same here, i really think for the most part a lot is in the eye of the beholder. You can THINK its growing your hair back, and who knows maybe the stress and the positive attitude is actually helping out as well..or maybe the hair loss is just calming down for a while...but the topicals in my opinion, at least this guys regiment, is a waste of time and money. The day Regenex makes MCCaughney's hair look like it does on the cover of people magazine this month, is the day ill take topicals seriously.

stevieb

Reaction score
for all of you that complain about minoxidil, have you tried dr. lee's minoxidil? if i could, i would put his minoxidil on my head 10x a day!!!

at first i was a little sketchy about dr. lee's minoxidil but i am now a user of it!!!!

his minoxidil is some good sh!t and it literally dries in 5 minutes!!!

i love it, everyone complains about hairloss but then when there is a proven item that works, everyone complains about using it because it is incovenient!!!!

the way i see it, i either use the minoxidil for however long i can and if that means that i have to put it on head 2x a day for whatever long, so be it!!!

bottom line is that minoxidil works!!!

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
Easy......

I think minoxidil works. I'm just saying I don't want to go down that road yet. I'm sure sometime in the near future I will probably have to start taking it if I want to keep my hair.

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
stevieb said:
for all of you that complain about minoxidil, have you tried dr. lee's minoxidil? if i could, i would put his minoxidil on my head 10x a day!!!

at first i was a little sketchy about dr. lee's minoxidil but i am now a user of it!!!!

his minoxidil is some good sh!t and it literally dries in 5 minutes!!!

i love it, everyone complains about hairloss but then when there is a proven item that works, everyone complains about using it because it is incovenient!!!!

the way i see it, i either use the minoxidil for however long i can and if that means that i have to put it on head 2x a day for whatever long, so be it!!!

bottom line is that minoxidil works!!!
can i ask you what exactly you mean by works? If you mean growing back stragly thin hair which dont look normal, then by all means im sure it works...but show me thick normal looking hair grown off minoxidil and ill believe you.
Sorry if im so pessimistic about minoxidal...i think its the fact that its still the only non-oral hair loss remedy on the market and its been here for 20 YEARS and they still cant explain how exactly it works.

Melbs

Established Member
Reaction score
Just the thought of putting it on EVERY DAY again makes me quiver. The best thing i did for my hairloss and my headspace was to stop minoxidil... and continue Proscar...