How do you get a “wet hair” right brushed back look that lasts all day

Couperin111

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

ive been brushing back my hair and using pomade to keep it held in place but I’m finding that as the day goes on the hair system looks more and more wiggy. I just don’t get it.

if I get out of the shower with wet hair, brush it back, apply some morrocan oil, add pomade it looks awesome. Tight to the scalp, wet and sleek.

Throughout the day it just turns really wig like, clumped together and strange.

has anyone got any tips and/or products to achieve the wet look that lasts the whole day? Most YouTube videos suggest pomade.

Last edited:

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
try spraying lots of leave in conditioner when styling it. I like something like Revlon Equave or Aussie. This gives me a slight wet look and a light hold.

You might need to top up the conditioner spray during the day when you see the hair looking dry.

Nigelw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

ive been brushing back my hair and using pomade to keep it held in place but I’m finding that as the day goes on the hair system looks more and more wiggy. I just don’t get it.

if I get out of the shower with wet hair, brush it back, apply some morrocan oil, add pomade it looks awesome. Tight to the scalp, wet and sleek.

Throughout the day it just turns really wig like, clumped together and strange.

has anyone got any tips and/or products to achieve the wet look that lasts the whole day? Most YouTube videos suggest pomade.
Jojoba oil works well for me. Argan oil works too.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whatever hairpiece I've had has had the same problem. Obviously, using gel, mousse, pomade, leave-in etc. isn't rocket science - but the appearance & dna of the hair seems to decline with time for me too, and I don't know why.

I don't know if mine looks wig-like so much as just un-attended to, w/ the clumpsiness you mention.

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have medium-dark brown hair with 40% gray vented in. When my hair is wet, you can see the contrast between the two colors. When it is dry, it looks like I have some ashy brown colored hair - and I loose all contrast. I love the look and feel when I use hair oil. It gives it a wet look, weighs the hair down so it lays flatter, and feels amazing but that only lasts for a few hours. I've sprayed in a lot of leave in, but for some reason my left eye gets extremely irritated when I spray it is so I started using more hair gel. Through trial and error, I've found my best balance comes with I combine a dollop of hair gel and one pump of leave in and rub it in. I get the wet hair look lasting longer - and can 'refresh' the look with just wetting my fingers and running it through my hair.

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are some "special" products to let your hair seem wet like ProTouch Spray Gel Mist

Couperin111

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have medium-dark brown hair with 40% gray vented in. When my hair is wet, you can see the contrast between the two colors. When it is dry, it looks like I have some ashy brown colored hair - and I loose all contrast. I love the look and feel when I use hair oil. It gives it a wet look, weighs the hair down so it lays flatter, and feels amazing but that only lasts for a few hours. I've sprayed in a lot of leave in, but for some reason my left eye gets extremely irritated when I spray it is so I started using more hair gel. Through trial and error, I've found my best balance comes with I combine a dollop of hair gel and one pump of leave in and rub it in. I get the wet hair look lasting longer - and can 'refresh' the look with just wetting my fingers and running it through my hair.
Cool! I’ll try that! Thanks @Diesel guy

Keybored

My Regimen
Reaction score
What about applying gel on your wet hair and leave it in just like that?
I remember when I still had hair I used to do this and got the typical business guy slick hairstyle throughout the whole day.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
What about applying gel on your wet hair and leave it in just like that?
I remember when I still had hair I used to do this and got the typical business guy slick hairstyle throughout the whole day.
Ya it totally works. Don’t know why this stumps people. I think the real issue is it does, in my experience , start ruining the piece - slowly.

mroizo

My Regimen
Reaction score
What hair gel do you guys recommend for hair systems
I'm using Goldwell StyleSign Ultra Volume Lagoom Jam - it is advertised as long hold and I can go with it the entire day. Just apply a small portion in the moist hair in the morning and a bit of hair spray to fix once in the desired shape. The gel is also easy to comb out of the hair in the evening and removed fully when shampooing.

Nigelw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm using Goldwell StyleSign Ultra Volume Lagoom Jam - it is advertised as long hold and I can go with it the entire day. Just apply a small portion in the moist hair in the morning and a bit of hair spray to fix once in the desired shape. The gel is also easy to comb out of the hair in the evening and removed fully when shampooing.
I will look into this product, thank you very much!

mroizo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it used for styling as well? Does it fix the hair into position?
Ghost Mist is mainly to make the hair soft and easy to detangle. While it's great for that, it doesn't add any hold to the hair on its own.