How Do You Find A Good Stylist? Any Help Appreciated

GeorgeW1960

My Regimen
Reaction score
My business has me moving a fair amount over the years. I want a stylist that has a private room, will take all the time necessary, and is good!

I have asked for recommendations (I live in South Florida) I went to one of them. She immediately started cutting my hair before we ever spoke. And after an hour she was done because she had another client. I was basically happy with the results, but it was still too thick. She charged me $150 us and wanted a tip.

I called another of the recommendations today, they want $205. To me this is crazy. In the past I have paid $20-$40. It's just a hair cut, am I right? In the past these were not people who cut hair pieces they were people who cut hair. I was usually satisfied with the results but for various reasons not happy with the piece. And especially discouraged that I would have to wait another 3 months to get a NEW custom piece to take another wack at looking normal.

I finally found a stock unit with the right color (1B) and grey (40%) that I got in 1 week! Wholly crap am I excited.

Now the question, how to find the stylist. Any suggestion are appreciated.

Thank you

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My business has me moving a fair amount over the years. I want a stylist that has a private room, will take all the time necessary, and is good!

I have asked for recommendations (I live in South Florida) I went to one of them. She immediately started cutting my hair before we ever spoke. And after an hour she was done because she had another client. I was basically happy with the results, but it was still too thick. She charged me $150 us and wanted a tip.

I called another of the recommendations today, they want $205. To me this is crazy. In the past I have paid $20-$40. It's just a hair cut, am I right? In the past these were not people who cut hair pieces they were people who cut hair. I was usually satisfied with the results but for various reasons not happy with the piece. And especially discouraged that I would have to wait another 3 months to get a NEW custom piece to take another wack at looking normal.

I finally found a stock unit with the right color (1B) and grey (40%) that I got in 1 week! Wholly crap am I excited.

Now the question, how to find the stylist. Any suggestion are appreciated.

Thank you
that is a crazy price. Unfortunately, many salons charge prices like this. Do what I did:

Make a document such as "I am wondering if you cut hairpieces. How long have you been doing it, how much, etc.."

Copy your document

Search for hair salons in your area. There is usually a contact button somewhere. Paste these questions and send them.

I found four salons in my area that provide this service and were only too happy to have me as a customer. One even has a private room under fifty dollars! You would be surprised.

There was one that charged an outrageous price like that. I did not even inquire further.

Good luck!

EDIT: In my opinion, there is a difference...but it is really just the art of blending with thinning shears. This is something they learn to do while training.