How do you deal with people you've not seen in a while?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Most of the guys on here manage to maintain the appearance of not giving a sh*t about their hairloss to the outside world.
Putting up with all the comments etc from people who have no idea what it feels like.
But seeing as this is a hairloss talk forum called 'the impact of hairloss' and we are all strangers here, and as it clearly states "the intention of this forum is to vent" that is why guys feel comfortable offloading all their fears and frustrations in the company of other sufferers.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Most of the guys on here manage to maintain the appearance of not giving a $#iT about their hairloss to the outside world.
Putting up with all the comments etc from people who have no idea what it feels like.
But seeing as this is a hairloss talk forum called 'the impact of hairloss' and we are all strangers here, and as it clearly states "the intention of this forum is to vent" that is why guys feel comfortable offloading all their fears and frustrations in the company of other sufferers.
and shouldnt be called pathetic for doing so

G

Oh yeah, I love to hear about all these guys saying that Hair Loss is not so bad because there are still so many other good things in the world like a beautiful girl, friends or a good career...... :roll:

Listen Einsteins, there are people who don´t have all that. To them their hair is all they have and when it is gone they have nothing left.

zackmcqueen

Established Member
Reaction score
'Listen Einsteins, there are people who don´t have all that. To them their hair is all they have and when it is gone they have nothing left.'

To be perfectly honest, unless a person is abnormally lazy, abnormally unlucky, or disabled in some severe way, then their hair should never be 'all they have'. If it is 'all they have', and they are physically and mentally sound and capable, then put bluntly, I am inclined to believe it is their own fault for not putting more into life when they very well might have the chances and opportunities to do so.

barcafan

Reaction score
zackmcqueen said:
'Listen Einsteins, there are people who don´t have all that. To them their hair is all they have and when it is gone they have nothing left.'

To be perfectly honest, unless a person is abnormally lazy, abnormally unlucky, or disabled in some severe way, then their hair should never be 'all they have'. If it is 'all they have', and they are physically and mentally sound and capable, then put bluntly, I am inclined to believe it is their own fault for not putting more into life when they very well might have the chances and opportunities to do so.

I agree but you're missing one very important detail.

They may also be human trash.

G

barcafan said:
zackmcqueen said:

I agree but you're missing one very important detail.

They may also be human trash.

bingo

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Listen Einsteins, there are people who don´t have all that. To them their hair is all they have and when it is gone they have nothing left.

You've got to be kidding. When your hair is gone you've got nothing left, huh? You sink further and further with each post. I really hope you get some help, be it voluntary or compulsory.

CCS

Reaction score
Even I have to disagree with taughtniks.

Anyone can get a good carear. Anyone can build a good body. Anyone (except type 1 diabetics) can have great health and live a long time. Well, even the type 1's can, but they can't kick the disease and it gets them eventually. Anyone can go to the beach. The only thing a bald guy can't get is a woman who is as pretty as he could have got if he had hair. If his body is borderline, there is no way he will get a pretty woman. If his body is build like he is supposed to build it, then he just takes a step down but still gets a pretty woman even if she is not as pretty as he deserves. It sucks, but it is not the end of life.

G

collegechemistrystudent said:
Anyone (except type 1 diabetics) can have great health and live a long time.

Are you saying that people with type 1 diabetes are not going to live out their normal life span? what about medications to control it. WHy single out those people compared to say people with terminal cancer or AIDS? They might lose 3 or 4 years but nothing outrageous. Medicine is great today.

G

Anyone can get a good carear. Anyone can build a good body. Anyone (except type 1 diabetics) can have great health and live a long time. Well, even the type 1's can, but they can't kick the disease and it gets them eventually. Anyone can go to the beach. The only thing a bald guy can't get is a woman who is as pretty as he could have got if he had hair. If his body is borderline, there is no way he will get a pretty woman. If his body is build like he is supposed to build it, then he just takes a step down but still gets a pretty woman even if she is not as pretty as he deserves. It sucks, but it is not the end of life.

I disagree, not everyone can get a good career. I have limited talents and I am also already 24 years old. I don´t have so good perspectives. A good body also largely depends on someone´s genes. I build up muscles very slowly, but get fat really fast. It will be very hard if not impossible for me to have a body like Brad Pitt. I also have many mules which would make my body less attractive even if I get a good body one day.

G

Taugenichts said:

I disagree, not everyone can get a good career. I have limited talents and I am also already 24 years old. I don´t have so good perspectives. A good body also largely depends on someone´s genes. I build up muscles very slowly, but get fat really fast. It will be very hard if not impossible for me to have a body like Brad Pitt. I also have many mules which would make my body less attractive even if I get a good body one day.

think you mean moles.

have you been to college/university? according to ccs, you have money. why are you not in college then?

nguy1832

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:

If you are 24 years old and have nothing to show, then apparently you've been doing something wrong or haven't done something right. I don't see why you base your life around your hair. Sure it's important, but it shouldn't consume your life the way you're expressing it. I'm 21 years old, just received a BA in marketing and enjoy a successful career in real estate since the age of 20. I too have been losing my hair but that hasn't stopped me from doing what I need to do. IMO, you need to stop making excuses for yourself. I hope you take this as constructive criticism and step up your life.

cruz

Reaction score
I should probably explain that hairloss is not my only major problem at the moment. If it was then i'm pretty sure i'd be able to deal with it a lot better.

Right now, i see hairloss as just another nail in the coffin.

G

another nail in the coffin

So true, Cruz! Some people with their happy lifes will never understand us.

Yes, I am rich, but what is money good for? It doesn´t give me confidence, good looks, intelligence or hair!

I am studying Business Studies at an university, but it is nothing that really interests me. I just didn´t know what else to study. Sure, this has nothing to do with my hair but as Cruz said.....

IBM

Reaction score
Hair doesnt stop anyone to have a good career. But hairloss have a great impact on joy of life.

I've a very good degree and a good job... but i cant enjoy life as it should be because of my hairloss.

Certainly everyone wouldnt health sucess for a great career.

Hairloss does not depend of our lifestyle so to stop it it's better to have a good career because the medicines are very expensive. It's like a rent.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
'the pretty partner' thesis i just read is hilarious.

true you might get less female attention (in some cases) but your standards dont necessarily have to drop. If your confidence does, you standards will too but for crying out loud man thats crazy.

Some girls LOVE shaved heads and really short hair and someone well groomed. Its how you pull it off. If you walk about feeling sorry for yourself then it'll transmit to women. If you walk around with confidence and an aura about you believe me, hair is insignifcant in the extreme

So please dont directly attribute hairloss to having a less pretty gf thats just defeatist and should i call it 'determinism' in that you think therefore you get.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
OMG stop pissing on youre self and youre life, get a grip and get out.
Dont Sit here and weep...
Se you guys later, going to a party, a girl in my class is getting 20 :lol:

i Suggest you alsow take a trip out today and try to hock up

G

Jojje said:
OMG stop pissing on youre self and youre life, get a grip and get out.
Dont Sit here and weep...
Se you guys later, going to a party, a girl in my class is getting 20 :lol:

i Suggest you alsow take a trip out today and try to hock up

Nice advice, but how can I get out if I have no friends to invite me for a party?