How do you deal with colour fading?

hairboy12345

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted to ask another quick question about colour fading. The main issue I see with systems is a colour mismatch after a little while. Has anyone found a way to maintain the original colour or a good system for regularly dyeing the unit?

Cheers

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
Just use a colour correcting conditioner - I did mine last night and it works a treat. Colour fading is one of the easier-to-manage issues of wearing a hair system!

I've heard Back2Natural is a good brand...

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you use the back2natural exactly? How do you avoid getting it on and staining the base?

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Back2natural is great. When I first started using it, I wasn’t using it correctly and so thought it wasn’t working. Best way to use it: 1. Do NOT use it on wet hair in the shower. It won’t absorb into the hair and will just wash out and be useless. Instead use it on either slightly damp hair or dry hair. I usually put some on a comb and then comb it through my hair so it gets onto the hairs evenly and then I’ll just put some with my hands on the top of the hair. The more fading you have, the longer you should keep it in. Minimum of 10 minutes IMO. Otherwise, use a daily leave in with sunscreen to slow down the fading

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Back2natural is great. When I first started using it, I wasn’t using it correctly and so thought it wasn’t working. Best way to use it: 1. Do NOT use it on wet hair in the shower. It won’t absorb into the hair and will just wash out and be useless. Instead use it on either slightly damp hair or dry hair. I usually put some on a comb and then comb it through my hair so it gets onto the hairs evenly and then I’ll just put some with my hands on the top of the hair. The more fading you have, the longer you should keep it in. Minimum of 10 minutes IMO. Otherwise, use a daily leave in with sunscreen to slow down the fading
But the hair has to be washed before using it, no? If I wash it, it's going to be wet. I've always used it on wet hair and certainly get an effect. Will try next time on unwashed dry hair.

Smartone84

Established Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions as far as what the best leave in w/ sunscreen is?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But the hair has to be washed before using it, no? If I wash it, it's going to be wet. I've always used it on wet hair and certainly get an effect. Will try next time on unwashed dry hair.

Yes exactly. You have to wash your hair first, either with shampoo or by rinsing under the shower with water only. That is what I do. I might let the hair system dry a bit first, but I have found this no problem when using Back2Natural. I don't see how you could only apply it to dry hair. I also apply the Back2Natural when the hair is detached. I put it on a mannequin head and use a dye brush to apply it and comb it through, before leaving it for a while. Then a quick rinse under the shower to get rid of the excess and it works great.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Maybe you don't have to wash the hair first? Or maybe do it the next day after washing. Then just rinse out with pure water, no shampoo.

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wash the hair in the shower first and shampoo and rinse out. Then get out of the shower, towel dry the hair till it’s slightly damp and then apply the back2natural. Leave it in for 10-15 minutes then hop back in the shower and rinse my hair. It’s a bit tedious but this is what I’ve found works best for me

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've used nearly natural color fade for many years. It works great but you should start using it initially so that your system does not fade. I always wash my hair first and apply it in the shower for about 7 minutes. It's important to brush it through on the whole system so you don't miss any areas. And what's really great is it serves also as a conditioner almost better than deep conditioner. It's a must if you're going to wear a hair system. I wear a full lace base and as long as you rinse it well it will not stain the base whatsoever.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I've used nearly natural color fade for many years. It works great but you should start using it initially so that your system does not fade. I always wash my hair first and apply it in the shower for about 7 minutes. It's important to brush it through on the whole system so you don't miss any areas. And what's really great is it serves also as a conditioner almost better than deep conditioner. It's a must if you're going to wear a hair system. I wear a full lace base and as long as you rinse it well it will not stain the base whatsoever.
How exactly you apply it? Put in on the brush or a comb? Put in in the hair and then brush randomly all over or comb? In front of a mirror or not?

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You apply it just like you would apply your shampoo or conditioner. I like to use a fair amount because I have longer hair. Apply it and carefully(not vigorously)brush it through your hair and leave in roughly 7-10 minutes and thoroughly rinse out.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
You apply it just like you would apply your shampoo or conditioner. I like to use a fair amount because I have longer hair. Apply it and carefully(not vigorously)brush it through your hair and leave in roughly 7-10 minutes and thoroughly rinse out.
I don't brush my hair when I apply a shampoo or conditioner. I just randomly put it on my hair, make sure most is covered, wait and wash out after several minutes.