How do you deal with bald spots on a hair system?

George Hen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a system which is a few months old. It’s perfect in every way except it’s developing a small bald spot at the front on the left hand side.

I developed a similar spot like this on my last system so I’m wondering if it’s a common occurrence?

also, what’s the best way to conceal/fix it?

thanks!

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a system which is a few months old. It’s perfect in every way except it’s developing a small bald spot at the front on the left hand side.

I developed a similar spot like this on my last system so I’m wondering if it’s a common occurrence?

also, what’s the best way to conceal/fix it?

thanks!

You can actually use hair loss concealers to cover any minor blemishes or bald spots on a hair system - either hair fibres (which are sprinkled on), or hair concealer power (which you apply with a makeup style applicator brush). These are cheap to buy, and you will obviously need to find a concealer with a colour that is as close a match to your hair system as possible.

Often, these little blemishes are caused by scratching or rubbing the hair system, which is an easy bad habit to get into and something I'd recommend people stop if they want to help best preserve their hair system.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
You can actually use hair loss concealers to cover any minor blemishes or bald spots on a hair system - either hair fibres (which are sprinkled on), or hair concealer power (which you apply with a makeup style applicator brush). These are cheap to buy, and you will obviously need to find a concealer with a colour that is as close a match to your hair system as possible.

Often, these little blemishes are caused by scratching or rubbing the hair system, which is an easy bad habit to get into and something I'd recommend people stop if they want to help best preserve their hair system.
Don't they look bad on glue?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't they look bad on glue?

I think with a bit of experimenting, concealers are fine for covering blemishes here and there. You just have to try them out and see, and do a bit of trial and error until you get it looking ok. I used concealers on my first system earlier this year as it had some blemishes due to my inexperience. I was able to make it fit to wear in public until I got a new one. I cannot remember if the blemishes were on an area with tape or glue - I use an all Swiss lace system taped round the edges, with a little bit of glue at the front. But I don't see why it should be a problem really unless the blemishes are really bad. For me, it was a part of the system I'd been scratching which had creating a little hole, and there were some blemishes at the front too where I had to cut a bit of the hairline (which btw is NOT recommended, unless the shape is just plain wrong).

I even managed to conceal a bit at the back where the system was slightly too short to cover my entire balding area, meaning I had to be very careful how I combed the hair so as not to give the game away. With a bit of hair concealer powder, I managed to cover the slightly exposed area of scalp at the back so I could carry on my day to day life without worrying about people noticing it.. Thankfully now I have more experience with hair systems, so I don't have these problems, but concealers proved to be a godsend at the time!

Fanjeera

Reaction score
And it doesn't come off with washing, if it's applied on glue. I guess that's good.