How do you cope with this bull****?

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score
Like seeing guys my age with a perfect hairline and no thinning whatsoever wasn't enough, how the hell am I supposed to feel OK when I see 60+ years of age with barely any recession and with thick hair? I feel like god/the Universe/nature is laughing at my face telling me to go kill myself. I'm so ****ing tired of pretending that I HAVE to be Ok with losing hair, that now I have to spend all this money on treatments or else I'd be far miserable and probably on a verge of suicide if it wasn't for it. Thing is, I'm having a lot of problems in my life right now and balding is far from my biggest problem atm. However, it feels like a spine that is right there, poking at me and accentuating all of the **** going on in my life now. I just feel mocked, and scammed by life. I see these old men with great hair and just think: "you might have had lots of problems maybe even worse that mine but you never knew what is like to have hairloss... a needle or a spine pinching at you whenever you feel happy or sad. Something putting you down every chance it has" If male pattern baldness taught me anything is that life is just random, there are no absolutes and no truths. Some things just don't and won't make sense, and not everything has an answer. Why I have this curse and others not? There's no answer to it no matter how hard you try to give any sort of reason there's nothing, it's an unfixible problem given to only a few just by pure chance... randomly. I had it with this, I have meditated for years and there's no ending to it, I try to find a meaning to baldness and to why some men have it but NADA! There's just a middle finger forming in the sky telling me to **** off and mind my own business. I had it guys, I'm ****ing tired of this **** and I can do nothing other than keep obsessing with it or shave it off a pretend it doesn't affect me (like if anyone asks to be bald...).

Emu

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain mate,I have been fighting hairloss for 20 years now and never gets any easier.If I can give any advice it would to work hard and save your money for a hair transplant..Never ever give up on treatments and always be prepared to try a new product it might work for you..Have you had a hair transplant?there is some good surgeons doing some good work.Get a plan together and stick to it brother.Good luck

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know, it gets hard to even cope sometimes. I'm currently not aware of how your hair loss is, but someone like myself who started balding during their teenage years and hasn't been happy with their hair since then, I know this stuff is really tough to deal with. I also absolutely agree how it gets tiresome of pretending that we have to be fine with going bald.

Yes, Androgenetic Alopecia is really a random skin disorder, making our scalp hair fall out and that it can strike anyone completely unexpected. As extreme as this seems, I sometimes wonder if there's some type of sporadic hair loss, where there's miniaturization of the hair follicles without any family history of the condition, that they just randomly started balding, out of nowhere, just by chance, totally random, no explanation. Truly, for some things, we just don't have an answer for their existence.

Cincinnati Kid

Established Member
Reaction score
It's not fair, but that being said... Life isn't fair now, wasn't fair before we got here, and won't be fair long after we're all six feet under. I wan't to punch a hole in the nearest wall when I see an old man with tremendously thick hair, or even a person my own age for that matter. But I always try to put it in perspective because so much negativity isn't going to make my balding stop. There's always going to be men that are far better looking, men that have bigger ding dongs, men that have better physiques, men that have a more money and a better job/house/car, and whatever else you can think of.

You have to play the game with the cards that you're dealt, as cliche as that may sound. In an ideal world, we'd all be tall, handsome, wealthy, funny, well hung, and have great hair, but that would ultimately not make you stand out because everyone else would share those exact traits. I hate that I have to wake up every single day for the rest of my life having less hair than I had before, but it's something that I have to learn to live with, irregardless whether or not it's fair. I wish you all the best in your journey with coping.

Dazzel

Established Member
Reaction score
It's not fair, but that being said... Life isn't fair now, wasn't fair before we got here, and won't be fair long after we're all six feet under. I wan't to punch a hole in the nearest wall when I see an old man with tremendously thick hair, or even a person my own age for that matter. But I always try to put it in perspective because so much negativity isn't going to make my balding stop. There's always going to be men that are far better looking, men that have bigger ding dongs, men that have better physiques, men that have a more money and a better job/house/car, and whatever else you can think of.

You have to play the game with the cards that you're dealt, as cliche as that may sound. In an ideal world, we'd all be tall, handsome, wealthy, funny, well hung, and have great hair, but that would ultimately not make you stand out because everyone else would share those exact traits. I hate that I have to wake up every single day for the rest of my life having less hair than I had before, but it's something that I have to learn to live with, irregardless whether or not it's fair. I wish you all the best in your journey with coping.

Well put, exactly what I think too

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
With how I 'cope' with my male pattern baldness, well, I just live with it, I guess that's my way of coping with it. I had to bring out 'The Big Guns' to get my male pattern baldness under control because mine is aggressive, I'd say using treatments is the best way to 'cope' in my opinion. You need to make the situation the best as possible and help feel better about yourself such as getting on proven treatments, save money to get a hair transplant, just do whatever that needs to be done to treat this problem the best as possible. We only have one life, and we can only use the tools we have in our current time.

----

This thread is really about how hair loss has impacted our lives, not too much of a standard general discussion. I have moved this thread to the 'The Impact of Hair Loss' section.

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score

Thanks for these words man! Being negative and emotional is definitely not a permanent way to live your live.

With how I 'cope' with my male pattern baldness, well, I just live with it, I guess that's my way of coping with it. I had to bring out 'The Big Guns' to get my male pattern baldness under control because mine is aggressive, I'd say using treatments is the best way to 'cope' in my opinion. You need to make the situation the best as possible and help feel better about yourself such as getting on proven treatments, save money to get a hair transplant, just do whatever that needs to be done to treat this problem the best as possible. We only have one life, and we can only use the tools we have in our current time.

----

This thread is really about how hair loss has impacted our lives, not too much of a standard general discussion. I have moved this thread to the 'The Impact of Hair Loss' section.

It's cool, I realized after I posted this. And yes, being on treatment is the only way I get piece of mind, I have highs and lows but if it wasn't for finasteride and nizoral I would be depressed still.

I sometimes wonder if there's some type of sporadic hair loss, where there's miniaturization of the hair follicles without any family history of the condition, that they just randomly started balding, out of nowhere, just by chance, totally random, no explanation.

Exactly.

billy21

Reaction score
Ever since I noticed my hair was thinning 4 years ago I obsessively check the hairline of pretty much every man I encounter. It's so frustrating seeing men in their 50's with more hair. I feel you :(

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
work hard, invest, get a transplant eventually. Im mean you not me, I did my hair transplant. But I would say just follow in these steps.

RoyD

Established Member
Reaction score
I know right. Just imagine those 60 year olds going through life without the faintest worry or distress of male pattern baldness. I feel that men above 40 with full heads of hair are really ahead of the rest since most men start losing their hair by then. Sometimes I even feel that we're put on this earth to make the full hair heads look better. If it weren't for us, ugly full heads would have no game at all.

Anyways I just feel that nature owes me big time because of this crap. Like not make me get cancer or some fatal disease or not get into freak accident which could handicap or kill me. Seriously if some **** like that happens to me at an early age along with this stupid **** disease then that's just pissing off. I'm already in the small minority of men who being to lose their hair before 20 and even smaller minority on whom anti androgens have absolutely no effect.

Anyways if you're looking for support then all I can say is that maybe there's something better for you in life. At least you didn't get born into a third world country with constant civil wars or some **** like that. All we can do is think that it could be much worse.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to agree. It's such a relief to able to use proven treatments without experiencing side effects, and know that you will be able to at least maintain for the foreseeable future.

Indeed.

One thing that I'll admit that does bother me a lot is how some who succumb to Androgenetic Alopecia don't even ever get a chance to fight it properly. What I mean is how some respond well to treatments, while some don't respond and/or get side effects. Some have already lost too much hair when they get on proven treatments and all what they're able to do is maintain a thin density of hair. It's that type of cruel unfairness that gets me outraged.

Another

Reaction score
Get on(and stay on) the big3 and save for hair transplants. Nothing else you can do. My only regret is that I had not jumped on the big3 earlier.

Bottlecap

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not coping. It's absolute agony, I'm depressed anyway but my hairloss has actually taken it to a whole different level!

I've been receeding steadily since i was 21, I am now 26. In November I split up with my long term G/f as I wasn't ready for children but she really was. Fair enough, but it hit me hard. Ah well
I thought of it as a new start, maybe go travelling, maybe change careers... suddenly in febuary I got a kidney infection and my hair shed pretty badley after not eating for a week (not sure if theyre related)
I went from a Norwood 2 thin at the front, but no one noticed i was balding, to a Norwood 3 going on 4. It looks hideous, I won't ever be able to get a girlfriend again. I didn't have confidence before I lost hair, but at least I was reasonably ok looking. I don't want to go travelling now I'm not interested in work or doing anything. No girl would ever be attracted to me anymore.
And all the while your supposed not care your going bald, people will take the piss or laugh and i'm supposed to not get down about it. I'm supposed to man up even so it's litrally i've gone from good looking to ugly within a month!

I tried to man up, I shaved my head...turns out ive got a really weird shaped forehead and I look like a freak.
If i'm lucky i'll slow my hairloss with the big 3 but it doesn't matter because it's past the point of no return anyway, I didn't look into balding treatments as I was happy with my g/f. Above my ears is thinning also, so I suspect retrograde alopecia as well! I cant get a hair transplant in case it progresses which in my opinion is a definite! I considered a FUE so i could have some years with hair but be able to shave later in life when it gets bad. But FUE's always look ****, only FUT's look realistic.

I'm gutted as I was ok when it was receeding because my g/f would have loved me whatever, now she's gone because I wasn't ready for kids. And i'm now scared I won't ever have kids!

Balding is absolute ****e, I hate it. If I could have just made it to 30!!!
I really really don't know how to cope. Everyone I see who's bald looks like ****. Unless theyre black! or exeptionally good looking.

I guess we all look at other peoples hairlines. It's an absolute obsession, I get so jealous that others can do things with their hair, put their hands through it without worrying your pulling more out. I'd happily lose a leg or an arm than my hair.
I'd rather have a small dick than no hair.

Worst of it is both my granddads had at most NW2 when they died. No one is bald in my family, other than my older brother who I overtook when I had my shed!!

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not coping. It's absolute agony, I'm depressed anyway but my hairloss has actually taken it to a whole different level!

I've been receeding steadily since i was 21, I am now 26. In November I split up with my long term G/f as I wasn't ready for children but she really was. Fair enough, but it hit me hard. Ah well
I thought of it as a new start, maybe go travelling, maybe change careers... suddenly in febuary I got a kidney infection and my hair shed pretty badley after not eating for a week (not sure if theyre related)
I went from a Norwood 2 thin at the front, but no one noticed i was balding, to a Norwood 3 going on 4. It looks hideous, I won't ever be able to get a girlfriend again. I didn't have confidence before I lost hair, but at least I was reasonably ok looking. I don't want to go travelling now I'm not interested in work or doing anything. No girl would ever be attracted to me anymore.
And all the while your supposed not care your going bald, people will take the piss or laugh and i'm supposed to not get down about it. I'm supposed to man up even so it's litrally i've gone from good looking to ugly within a month!

I tried to man up, I shaved my head...turns out ive got a really weird shaped forehead and I look like a freak.
If i'm lucky i'll slow my hairloss with the big 3 but it doesn't matter because it's past the point of no return anyway, I didn't look into balding treatments as I was happy with my g/f. Above my ears is thinning also, so I suspect retrograde alopecia as well! I cant get a hair transplant in case it progresses which in my opinion is a definite! I considered a FUE so i could have some years with hair but be able to shave later in life when it gets bad. But FUE's always look ****, only FUT's look realistic.

I'm gutted as I was ok when it was receeding because my g/f would have loved me whatever, now she's gone because I wasn't ready for kids. And i'm now scared I won't ever have kids!

Balding is absolute ****e, I hate it. If I could have just made it to 30!!!
I really really don't know how to cope. Everyone I see who's bald looks like ****. Unless theyre black! or exeptionally good looking.

I guess we all look at other peoples hairlines. It's an absolute obsession, I get so jealous that others can do things with their hair, put their hands through it without worrying your pulling more out. I'd happily lose a leg or an arm than my hair.
I'd rather have a small dick than no hair.

Worst of it is both my granddads had at most NW2 when they died. No one is bald in my family, other than my older brother who I overtook when I had my shed!!

Sucks man, hopefully your issues are more medical and not hereditary though. In that case you could bounce back.
Have you had your thyroid checked? Could the kidney infection have caused the shed? Maybe some deficiency like iron or bioten? Could even be screwy hormone levels. Maybe go get all that checked. Id say still travel if you have the disposable income.

As for kids, dont rush into those or you would be miserable for a whole new set of reasons. You made the best possible choice there and if she was willing to try and push you to start having them at 26 then she is not the kind of girl to keep around, especially since she was probably younger and around 23 or 24. She was more than likely not very goal or career orientated and probably just wanted to be the proverbial stay at home picket fence soccer mom. Eventually when she hit 30 she would have gone into a "what did I miss depression" and started getting aggressive and cheating on you anyway.

Take the time to figure yourself out, go get the medical checks done. See some pay per plays and do you.

ppo8820

Reaction score
Dont worry

I know how it feels man, and many men do. I started thinning when I was 17 and am now 34. I get so envious when I see a guy with amazing hair and not a care in the world. I just started wearing a system and I feel SO much better. I considered transplants, but I dont want scars or to have touch ups on something so permanent. I also stopped taking Propecia because it made me feel neutered. If it bothers you, I would look into a good system! Its not as scary as people say, but you do have to be a confident guy to rock it since it can make you paranoid. If you caught a hockey puck to your teeth, you would buy new teeth, right? Same goes for hair with me.

Emu

Established Member
Reaction score
I had exactly the same thing happen to me champ.Girlfriend broke up with me at the same time my hairloss was full on receding and thinning crown..I went into depression and thought the same things as you ie I will never get a girlfriend again no kids no future..Fast foward 10 years and I have a great girlfriend and a full head of hair..I moped around feeling sorry for myself for about a year and I even tried to get my ex girlfriend back..I then got a plan together,I hit the gym hard,started to visit new places new night clubs and got new friends things started to change for me.I then had a hair transplant which gave me more confidence the old me was starting to come back.I was even getting a bit of attention from females actually asking me out..I have had 3 transplants in 10 years and the results are amazing..My final act was to post the best photo of me with my new hair on Facebook and you wouldn't believe the ex girlfriend asked to be friends with me and sent my a private message saying she regretted breaking up with me..So in the end I got the last laugh..You can do this to man..My advice is Go to Turkey get 4000 grafts stick on the big 3,hit the gym hard.You can do it man I know you can..get a plan and stick to it..Good luck Brother.

Chromio

Reaction score
I had exactly the same thing happen to me champ.Girlfriend broke up with me at the same time my hairloss was full on receding and thinning crown..I went into depression and thought the same things as you ie I will never get a girlfriend again no kids no future..Fast foward 10 years and I have a great girlfriend and a full head of hair..I moped around feeling sorry for myself for about a year and I even tried to get my ex girlfriend back..I then got a plan together,I hit the gym hard,started to visit new places new night clubs and got new friends things started to change for me.I then had a hair transplant which gave me more confidence the old me was starting to come back.I was even getting a bit of attention from females actually asking me out..I have had 3 transplants in 10 years and the results are amazing..My final act was to post the best photo of me with my new hair on Facebook and you wouldn't believe the ex girlfriend asked to be friends with me and sent my a private message saying she regretted breaking up with me..So in the end I got the last laugh..You can do this to man..My advice is Go to Turkey get 4000 grafts stick on the big 3,hit the gym hard.You can do it man I know you can..get a plan and stick to it..Good luck Brother.

Dude emu that's an awesome story my man good for you. I'm saving up for a transplant right now, but do you have any before and after pics u could post.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
You werent so far gone that you were able to recover through hair transplants. I am too far gone so I am afraid the investment wont be worth the results... but fred got out. He was nw5 like I am so maybe there is hope still. I just want it to be over. Being bald is being branded and a life branded isnt worth living. I hate that the world is like this but I cant rise above it.