How do you cope with compliments on your hair?

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, wearing a hairpiece is a heroic act. It is a symbol of humanity's struggle against the remorseless neutrality of nature. We wiped out smallpox, and we will wipe out male pattern baldness. One day, this ancient demon will have been banished from this world.

Haha, well, ok, I'm half-joking ; ) I'm not usually this melodramatic, though it's fun.
Beautifully said sir! Couldn't agree more, it takes serious self-love and courage to take an action for self improvement that may be perceived by some as "weird" or "weak".
I have nothing but respect and admiration for a person who takes positive steps to improve their appearance or themselves

And yea man, hopefully one day there will be a cure for this genetic curse...But First world problems I suppose
:)

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, the psychology is fascinating. I think part of it is the societal ideals of masculinity. I think a hairpiece in many societies is perceived as weak and cowardly. You're not "taking it like a man".

Women don't have that specific problem. In fact, women wearing wigs is probably viewed as just one example of women taking care of their appearance and trying to look nice, which is viewed as normal.
I agree completely but in my case, people were seeing me with my wig who had already seen me balding or bald so it was still not easy to do the first time nor was wearing a dress to court but now very little in life fazes me. Wearing a dress, not a toupee, is the worst fear universally among men. Guys feel shame if they try on their female partner's panties. Estrogen however does reduce shame significantly and humiliation no longer has any psychological impact, like seeing women as dommes or always superior. Now I think women are generally superior and I would opt for that if there had been an opt-in at birth, like some Mormons assert about life in general to resolve the unfairness of hell issue. But that just makes choosing life risky. If I die now would I still go to heaven? <Janeys says that no, it would be she in heaven>

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, and I always say thank you when people compliment my wig and then out myself while explaining that I am no longer bald under the wig so I have insecurities about that. The amazing thing is that the longer my own hair gets and the more the temples fill in, the more androgynous/female I look--that's how much hair and hair length matters to being perceived as female from a distance.

DarkDreams

My Regimen
Reaction score
Although I been socially isolated since the start of the pandemic.
On occasions on Zoom or meeting people outside during Meetup group walks who saw my hair system and said something positive. It made me feel 'happy' in the moment.

As in the past whether I wore a cap, beanie or went around openly shaved bald.
I had ZERO compliments or negative personal insults from toxic people.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
On occasions on Zoom or meeting people outside during Meetup group walks who saw my hair system and said something positive. It made me feel 'happy' in the moment.

I know you have had issues with your systems, but in the pics you post, your hair does look pretty great!

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah and it's like my own X ignoring me; yell at me; tell me what to do and I will do it but anything except being invisible to my X now and I think that's what you might be articulating.

Nigelw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Compliments on your hair when you're wearing can be awkward. Especially if you're like me and don't want to really talk about your hair or call much attention to it.
I'll admit that it does feel good though when people give you positive feedback on something that you try so hard to improve about yourself

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was at an event the other day and was heavily complimented for my hair. It actually makes me feel really awkward and a bit of a fraud!
There was one moment where I was standing with 4 bald guys and they were lamenting my luscious locks!!
Does anyone else struggle with compliments?
Maybe some of these bald guys are trolling to see your response. I know I would if I were bald. I reckon most bald guys were pro Norwood spotters back in their day. I’d know a hair system now.
Can’t answer your question. You could tell them? If they’re legit giving you compliments they must be cool. Why not help a fellow Balding brother out.

Rijad

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bald people would love to have this problem. Just embrace it :D

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, and I always say thank you when people compliment my wig and then out myself while explaining that I am no longer bald under the wig so I have insecurities about that. The amazing thing is that the longer my own hair gets and the more the temples fill in, the more androgynous/female I look--that's how much hair and hair length matters to being perceived as female from a distance.
rofl

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Yeah, the psychology is fascinating. I think part of it is the societal ideals of masculinity. I think a hairpiece in many societies is perceived as weak and cowardly. You're not "taking it like a man".

Women don't have that specific problem. In fact, women wearing wigs is probably viewed as just one example of women taking care of their appearance and trying to look nice, which is viewed as normal.
Is there a woman who actually dislikes that her man is taking care of his looks and values physical appearance? Of course it's maybe the least important aspect of all of the aspects of personality, but it cannot still be negative, if you're not otherwise psychopath.