How do you clean your scalp before applying rogaine

Kzbd

Reaction score
For people who clean their scalps before applying rogaine, how do you do so without taking two showers a day? I know I should be doing it somehow, but I just put it on top of the stuff I put on since I last washed my hair. Wipe my scalp off with a wash cloth? That doesn't seem really effective. Alcohol? That seems like it would irritate.

Patrick54

Established Member
Reaction score
Good question. I shower at night so in the morning I wash my head with warm water on a wash cloth then take a cotton ball and soak it with organic apple cider vinegar and wipe down my scalp, wait a min. then use warm water with the wash cloth again, wait until my scalp is almost dry and apply minoxidil massaging it in with my finger tips. I do have a buzz cut which makes it easier.

Kzbd

Reaction score
Patrick54 said:
Good question. I shower at night so in the morning I wash my head with warm water on a wash cloth then take a cotton ball and soak it with organic apple cider vinegar and wipe down my scalp, wait a min. then use warm water with the wash cloth again, wait until my scalp is almost dry and apply minoxidil massaging it in with my finger tips. I do have a buzz cut which makes it easier.

Cool thanks. Is there any chance of irritation with the apple cider vinegar? Where do you get that organic?

Patrick54

Established Member
Reaction score
I usually get mine at GNC but all health food stores should carry it, Braggs is what I get. It does sting a little but that's the acid in it, it does have about the same ph balance as the scalp and is a great hair conditioner along with a lot of other uses, for a hair conditioner I mix mine with an equal amount of distilled water. Here's a link. http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natu ... r-vinegar/