how do you apply minoxidil if you are a diffuse thinner

b0ngman

Reaction score
it says to apply directly to the balding spiot, but that is the whole top of my head. SO should i just massage it into the top of my scalp or do i do it in rows about an inch apart??

Mer

Established Member
Reaction score
I use the dropper like a pen and make zig-zag lines from left to right. I start at the front and work my way back. I've got it down now that by the time I've made my last pass in the back it's just about 1ml. Important trick, wipe the dropper with a square of tissue to keep it off your hair.

b0ngman

Reaction score
do you split your hair so it goes directly onto the scalp or do you just pour it over your hair and rub it in? How much success have u had??

Mer

Established Member
Reaction score
No splitting the hair, the dropper takes care of that as you're "drawing" the lines on your scalp. Grab the plastic part of the dropper, not the bulb. Use it like a pen and draw on your scalp. It'll come out just like a pen.

I've had good success. My crown has defnintely improved and the hairline is comming along good.

jay2K6

Established Member
Reaction score
I think its best to keep your hair short for about 6 month. This way it will be much easier to apply minoxidil directly to the scalp especially if you have long hair...very messy stuff.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
^word. my hair is half inch long at mo which makes it very easy. i have diffuse thinning.

Felk

Reaction score
It doesnt take me long to apply minoxidil, but I use about 2ml instead of 1, and I still feel it only covers about half my head. Why? I have longer curly hair, which makes it impossible to cover everywhere.

However with growth stimulants im not as fussed about it covering every last bit of scalp. With something like spironolactone, I want to make sure I cover the area im applying it to completely with every application, as i feel those hairs need constant "protection."

Bah, ill shave my head soon, and than way get the hang of it better.

CCS

Reaction score
some do rows. i just used extra. but now i'm going to dilute it with 70% isopropyl alcohol and apply that to my whole scalp.

macdog

Reaction score
So do you guys rub it in with your fingers, or just drop it on and let it soak in on its own?

My process:
- half a mL goes on the temples and front (biggest areas of concern)
- make lines of little drops on the top, from front to back, until the other half is gone
- spread the temple and front part around, using the side of the dropper.. being sure to get the whole "where my hairline would be" area covered.
- using a wide-toothed comb, scratch the stuff on top around a bit, to try to spread it out.. and get my hair positioned decently for work (it's really not too bad once the minoxidil dries)
- wipe off any small drips down the forehead, as I don't feel like sprouting a unibrow