How do I use minoxidil?

sl

Established Member
Reaction score
hey guys I just got my kirkland mino 5% I have no instructions with it. I dont know how to use it. How do I apply it? and where? I am just thinned ontop of my head, so i dont have any massive bald patches or anything. Just you can see thinning on my head.
If I apply on existing hair would it mess it all up?

thanks for any input.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well, they suggest a 1 ml application 2x daily. Don't worry overduly about covering your entire scalp evenly, as it diffuses widely across the skin. It should come with a kind of rubber dropper pippette type thingy. If not, get a better stockist, for god's sake.

sl

Established Member
Reaction score
cheers bro, naa mate I imported my from the US, and they took them out the boxes, Prolly by mistake, they left out the leaflets.

Sean68

Reaction score
The kirkland applicator is rubbish! I just tended to rub it on with my fingers but you end wasting quite a lot.I just bought on bottle of regaine and transfer the kirkland into it.applicators much better.

sl

Established Member
Reaction score
whats the difference withe applicator? its just a drip?

Sean68

Reaction score
kirkland is just a teat pipette.not easy to get to smaller areas or on hairline where i apply it.you get a choice with the branded one but can just buy one bottle and transfer.not sure if really makes a difference but a lot easier imo

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I tap it throughout my scalp. I watch the marks to make sure that I've "tapped" enough solution in those areas.

Mer

Established Member
Reaction score
I just compared my Kirkland dropper to a Rogaine and they're identical.

Did Kirkland upgrade their design?

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mer said:
I just compared my Kirkland dropper to a Rogaine and they're identical.

Did Kirkland upgrade their design?

Nah, some people were just born special :wink:

Mer

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair may be getting thin but at least I've got a good dropper.

:lol: