How Do I Get A Proper, Professional Diagnosis For Receding Hairline?

cyrusthegreat@hotmail.com

Established Member
Reaction score
There's not much most doctors can do, except to provide reassurance. Most have less knowledge about hair loss than the average guy on the street. That, or they just don't give a f***.

Go see a dermatologist with hair loss speciality, or a hair transplant clinic.

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
Look in the mirror. And also learn to read while you're at it. Ill cut you some slack cause youre 16 but this subforum is called "new research and technology"

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's not much most doctors can do, except to provide reassurance. Most have less knowledge about hair loss than the average guy on the street. That, or they just don't give a f***.

Go see a dermatologist with hair loss speciality, or a hair transplant clinic.

I can attest to this. My GP originally told me that I wasn't balding, just because he was unfamiliar with diffuse hair loss. His misdiagnosis caused me to prolong using minoxidil for close to a year and said that finasteride might not work, but 'couldn't hurt' as an option even though it gave me erectile dysfunction.

Not to sound like an alarmist man, but if you're balding you'll know it and if you are, you're basically on your own.

rcom440

Reaction score
I agree with GoldenMane.
People from this forum have more knowledge about the subject than your average GPS or dermatologist.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with GoldenMane.
People from this forum have more knowledge about the subject than your average GPS or dermatologist.

Absolutely. Forums and PubMed will gain you far more knowledge than any doctor or dermatologist.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Post your pictures in this forum, you will find some of the most helpful people in this subject that will even advice you on treatments (minoxidil, keto, etc.)